Join now - be part of our community!

Media Remote

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jasyk34
Visitor

Media Remote

I just purchased a KDL-40CX523 (Bravia Internet Ready LCD). Its a really great TV but my query is about the sony media remote software for my Android Mobile (HTC Hero). The remote works well on my Hero with the exception of the software keyboard, when i try to start the software keyboard i get the following message in a dialog box, "Cannot receive text at this time".

Anyone else get this feature working on their device or know what this message means ??

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jasyk34
Visitor

catmambo, thanks for your help but i got the problem sorted.  I rebooted my phone and for some reason that seemed to help and I can use my phone as a software keyboard for my bravia for text input.

Its a really excellent app and would recommend it to anyone with a suitable bravia TV.

Thanks again catmambo for your help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm interesting one - might be best to escalate that to the call centre and they can get engineering to investigate further..

jasyk34
Visitor

thanks. I will get in contact to see if there is a resolution to this problem.

jasyk34
Visitor

Catmambo, would you have a contact in Sony. I had submitted a support incident about the media remote but got a reply requesting more details as they hadn't heard of this application. I forwarded on  more details and await the response but was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction ??

Someone should know about the application as it was something that was updated in the recent firmware update for the 2011 bravias.

Thanks

jason

Catmambo
Contributor

Can you post the case reference number they gave you, then I can forward details of this thread to my collegues and it can marry up with the data you have already provided directly.

thanks

jasyk34
Visitor

yes no problems, here it is:- Question Reference #110521-000106

Thanks for your help

jasyk34
Visitor

catmambo, thanks for your help but i got the problem sorted.  I rebooted my phone and for some reason that seemed to help and I can use my phone as a software keyboard for my bravia for text input.

Its a really excellent app and would recommend it to anyone with a suitable bravia TV.

Thanks again catmambo for your help.

allybalder
Visitor

KDL40EX724

since the update tues or wed this week text imput is now 'working'

doing a facebook comment text doesn't appear on the imput box onscreen but will upload when done is selected on mobile

jasyk34
Visitor

allybalder, thanks for that. I never thought of the update !!!  My bravia updated on Monday or Tuesday and I didnt know what was updated. I tried the remote app again last night after rebooting my phone and it worked. So the reboot probably didnt do anything and it was the software update to the bravia that caused the text input to work.

Thanks