Join now - be part of our community!

LED burning my eyes

profile.country.en_GB.title
crouchingfish
Visitor

LED burning my eyes

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Sony kdl 40ex 723 to replace my LCD, Since using it I cant play my PS3 on it as it makes my eyes stream and gives me a headache, while playing I feel like I want to rip my eyes out and puts me in a bad mood, as soon as I put the PS3 back on the LCD its fine, this does not happen when watching Sky, terestrial tv, steamed media or with the Wii, its not so bad on the Xbox but when playing Black Ops you can see th difference from LCD to LED in the statistics page, does any one heve any ideas as to why this is happening, any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Bravia55HX

Hi,

one thing you need to be clear on here is that all tv's, thats all LCD ones are LCD not LED,  only the backlight is LED which is either edge or full backlit, yours is edge lit.

it is possible however that you may have contrast and brightness up too high especially if you have not calibrated the set properly, in any event it is very unlikely this is the cause of the problem with your eyes, perhaps you should seek advice from an optician as there may be another underlying problem here.

-Finn-
Explorer

Hi all,
Many thanks for your contributions to  the Sony forum community. It's in everyone's interest to keep the forum  a friendly and welcoming place. We aim to keep it that way to invite  any users to help each other in an environment  free from agression, so we will edit out any insults.
We hope any members of the community  who have experienced a similar issue with their LEDs or who are in a  position to help can contribute with their ideas and suggestions.
Best regards,
Finn from the moderation team
crouchingfish
Visitor

Message was edited by: -Finn-

Hi crouchingfish,   Thank you for your post. However I have had to edit out all of the content to ensure the forum remains a friendly environment. Kind Regards Finn

crouchingfish
Visitor

I do

Hi crouchingfish,   Thank you for your post. However I have had to edit out some of the content to ensure the forum remains a friendly environment. Kind Regards Finn

Bravia55HX

Hi,

there is a difference between LCD and LED

crouchingfish
Visitor

I have had a response that suggests it could be down to LED flicker speed, how true this is or how it works  I dont know, if anyone has any input on this I would appreciate it,

cheers

Hi crouchingfish,   Thank you for your post. However I have had to edit out some of the content to ensure the forum remains a friendly environment. Kind Regards Finn

drhowells
New

If it is the flicker speed, this does not affect everyone, which would indicate that you may have a problem with your eyes that makes you more susceptible than other people. So visiting an optician would probably be a good idea just to make sure you are OK.

Hi drhowells,   Thank you for your post. However I have had to edit out some of the content to ensure the forum remains a friendly environment. Kind Regards Finn