Join now - be part of our community!

iplayer not working, when it has done for a long time

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
olepompey
Visitor

iplayer not working, when it has done for a long time

Can anyone help.  I've had the TV a KDL37EX524 for 9 months and the iPlayer has been fine. Although occasionally I'd have to retry I assume because the broadband was busy.

But Now I get - This service not available at this time, and the little circle doesn't appear and spin in the top right hand corner.

I tried Refresh internet content and it said Config failed (network error 1106)

I tried network set-up (not changing anything that has worked for months) and it said

-wireless device on tv found

-local access failed

- connection internet failed.

I have the latest firmware installed and have run out of ideas!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm, I'd try a factory reset of the device, that usual fixes any software glitches which might have occured, possibly when the firmware has updated. No known issues with iPlayer as far as I know...

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm, I'd try a factory reset of the device, that usual fixes any software glitches which might have occured, possibly when the firmware has updated. No known issues with iPlayer as far as I know...

Thanks

olepompey
Visitor

Thanks I will try factory re-set BUT:

1) Iplayer started working for a couple of days, hence the delay, without me doing anything - which I thought you should know. Its now not working again !

2) When I do the factory re-set will I still have to go through the rigmarole of setting the IP addresses for sub-net, gateway and DNS's and my router password etc OR can you talk me through a process where the TV does all that for me automatically?

Thanks

iain_mac
Visitor

Can't help, but having a similar problem.

iPlayer has worked fine in the past, but for a while (a week or two) we just get a message saying that the server is temporarily unavailable, and to try again.

I've done the factory reset, but it has not made any difference.

The firmware is up to date.  The internet content has been refreshed.  The network connection is fine, and other network services are all up and running without any problem.

Sony had a lot of problems with iPlayer a year or so ago, I hope they haven't reappeared.

Anyone else having this problem?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

I'd try power cycling ( pulling out the plug for a few minutes) and then check again.

Its known that BT specifically throttle iPlayer depending on the package you are on, so I'd definitely check at their end. As all the other services are working, my gut feel is its ISP related...

Thanks

olepompey
Visitor

Hi,

Mines working again after a few days of not working!!! and I still haven't done the factory re-set or anything else but I'll try the plug pull next time it fails.  If its the ISP what do you suggest I do ?

dontbelieveit
Visitor

Same problem since evening of Bank Holiday Monday - tried same solutions with no success.  Am now going to try ringing Sony but doubt I'll get much help there

trisha1504
Visitor

I had the same problem thursday 5th April last night i reset the tv to factory settings and it is working fine now