Join now - be part of our community!

KDL40NX803:- can't log in to YouTube/Twitter

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

KDL40NX803:- can't log in to YouTube/Twitter

When I set up the set originally (last week!) I had no problems in logging in to both these accounts.

Some time later, I find that all my "Gadgets" are missing (Weather in 2 locations and Twitter) and that I could not access "My Account" in YouTube even though I was "logged in" (as indicated by the option to "log out" being shown).

Foolishly, I clicked on the "log out of YouTube" option, and now every attempt to log back in is met with this irritating notice:-

"The login failed, please check your entries"....Grrr,....

All I can think is that it is because I have ignored the "PIN Code" window.

I don't have a "PIN Code" and cannot recall having entered one when I originally sailed through the registration process without any problems!

I get the same when trying to log in to my Twitter account, though on this one, it only asks for my "username" then says "could not authenticate with the username and password provided".

I have not been asked to provide a password; and the username is correct.

Again, this worked flawlessly the first time I signed in.

All internet facilities are working correctly, even YouTube videos can be watched even though I'm not able to sign in to my account, so it's not a communication problem with the router.

Can some one help me please!!???

Message was edited by: theracles

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

If you only have a re-encode a couple of videos into a more standard alternative format compared to many of them, then its probably quicker to do that I guess..

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Thanks Catmambo, but to put that into perspective:

I can view the scattering of YouTube clips etc that I have on my machine, none of which exceeds about ten minutes with the need to transcode just a few of them to satisfy Serviio.......this is a big improvement on the TV's own poor showing.

The situation with the ".ts" files is more serious than just dismissing the problem as you suggest.

I have already tried transcoding one of the shorter files to another format, but most of the converters I have tried won't accept the ".ts" format, and those that will, have failed to provlde something that Serviio or the TV will play.

Given that files in the ".ts" format are the only output from most PVR machines, this problem needs to be addressed as it effectively prevents people from archiving their recordings.The solution offered of transcoding Hours and Hours of recorded TV just isn't practical.