Join now - be part of our community!

KDL40NX803:- can't log in to YouTube/Twitter

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

KDL40NX803:- can't log in to YouTube/Twitter

When I set up the set originally (last week!) I had no problems in logging in to both these accounts.

Some time later, I find that all my "Gadgets" are missing (Weather in 2 locations and Twitter) and that I could not access "My Account" in YouTube even though I was "logged in" (as indicated by the option to "log out" being shown).

Foolishly, I clicked on the "log out of YouTube" option, and now every attempt to log back in is met with this irritating notice:-

"The login failed, please check your entries"....Grrr,....

All I can think is that it is because I have ignored the "PIN Code" window.

I don't have a "PIN Code" and cannot recall having entered one when I originally sailed through the registration process without any problems!

I get the same when trying to log in to my Twitter account, though on this one, it only asks for my "username" then says "could not authenticate with the username and password provided".

I have not been asked to provide a password; and the username is correct.

Again, this worked flawlessly the first time I signed in.

All internet facilities are working correctly, even YouTube videos can be watched even though I'm not able to sign in to my account, so it's not a communication problem with the router.

Can some one help me please!!???

Message was edited by: theracles

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Hey! thanks for that Catmambo,:smileygrin:

I've not yet watched the YouTube Vid, but see there are several which may educate me some more...all this is very new to me!

At first sight of the link, I thought that you were saying I needed to buy a Blu-ray player, but that's something I'll have to save for....I want to end up with a 5:1 Cinema system maybe with wireless rear speakers...that'll mean several visits by Santa on my pension!:smileyblush:

Regarding the firmware, I'll check and see if it's set to auto update.

Can you link me to the firmware download site you mention, 'cos I get a bit lost on the Sony site!:smileyconfused:

Edit:

Is there another route to the DLNA Information page that this link should point to? http://bit.ly/gu12nq

It is from the YouTube page that you advised me to view.

I have downloaded the Serviio software, but yet to read up on it and understand how I should use it!

Thanks again.

Back again with another edit!

I have spent the entire evening searching the Sony site, the My Sony site and several others....it's like a rabbit warren...seriously bad design!:smileyangry:

What I'm looking for is the page that Catmambo mentions which lists the current firmware version for my TV.

I have noted the version that is currently installed but need to know if it is up to date.

Can anyone offer me a link to the information I need please?:smileylove:

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Glad I didn't hold my breath waiting for an answer! :neutral:

I Might try one more question.... but y'all can consider this one well and truly DEAD!:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

have you tried using your googlemail//gmail email address and password? Rather confusingly it says pin number when actually you should type in your password.

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Hi Catmambo, glad to see I'm not alone here!:smileylaugh:

I've had an hour on the phone with Sony Support, and even they couldn't sort it.

Left it a week or so and tried again....logged in no problem, so it remains a mystery.

Whilst I have your attention though, :slight_smile: I would like to know a couple of things:

Is there is some way to check that the firmware in this TV is up to date, or to update it as new features become available...ITV Player for instance.

Playing video from my PC is a minefield!...it will only recognise "Mpeg 2" files.....but not all Mpeg 2 files....even if they've been converted by the same damnd software!!:smileyangry:

I've minutely examined the "properties" of both accepted and declined files and can find no difference!

Can you tell me which converter software will provide acceptable output, and if it's possible to expand the range of playable formats beyond one!:smileylaugh:

I'd be really grateful for any pointers you can give me.

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Sorry 'bout all the "edits" I kept getting "Site closed for maintenance" :cry:

Catmambo
Contributor

You can check the version of the firmware by going to the network settings page and compare that version to the version currently available to download from the website. if the devices is set to automatically update the firmware then chances are its up to date anyway.

To be honest, id simply use a DLNA streamer like Serviio to manage your video files from your PC. This simply converts on the fly and streams content directly to the TV meaning you don;t have to worry about conversion.

We've even made a video here to guide you through this process - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwtBQJadBL8&feature=relmfu

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Hey! thanks for that Catmambo,:smileygrin:

I've not yet watched the YouTube Vid, but see there are several which may educate me some more...all this is very new to me!

At first sight of the link, I thought that you were saying I needed to buy a Blu-ray player, but that's something I'll have to save for....I want to end up with a 5:1 Cinema system maybe with wireless rear speakers...that'll mean several visits by Santa on my pension!:smileyblush:

Regarding the firmware, I'll check and see if it's set to auto update.

Can you link me to the firmware download site you mention, 'cos I get a bit lost on the Sony site!:smileyconfused:

Edit:

Is there another route to the DLNA Information page that this link should point to? http://bit.ly/gu12nq

It is from the YouTube page that you advised me to view.

I have downloaded the Serviio software, but yet to read up on it and understand how I should use it!

Thanks again.

Back again with another edit!

I have spent the entire evening searching the Sony site, the My Sony site and several others....it's like a rabbit warren...seriously bad design!:smileyangry:

What I'm looking for is the page that Catmambo mentions which lists the current firmware version for my TV.

I have noted the version that is currently installed but need to know if it is up to date.

Can anyone offer me a link to the information I need please?:smileylove:

bryfly
New
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Hey! bryfly, thanks for posting that link, it's exactly what I was searching for!:smileylaugh:

....now why couldn't I find it!:smileyblush:

Seems my firmware is up to date, and I've set the TV to auto update, (I think!) but I'll save that link just to check in the future.

Now I need to understand the implications of installing  "Serviio"....much reading to do, don't want it to change my existing file system but I don't mind if it creates it's own!:smileyhappy:

Thanks again to you and to Catmambo.

It's good to have such helpful folks at hand.

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Hmm....not out of the woods yet!

It's been a long week playing with Serviio and despite lots of help from their forum, I still have one strange problem.

I have some ".ts" files on my PC which I copied from my PVR Machine.

They play fine in WMP on the PC, but are invisible in "Media Player" on the TV.

I had hoped that I would be able to play them using Serviio, but though I can see them and their Thumbnails are correct, they seem to go through the usual motions of preparing to play, I even get the Information Header at the top of the TV screen and the green ">" in the bottom left corner, but when that disappears, the screen remains black and there is no sound.

I have observed that during all this my Router's lights for WAN and Internet show activity, but this ceases once I abandon the attempt to play the file.

"zip" requested me to post the "ffmpeg -i of the files"  and later noticed the red text which seems to have surprised him....at this point, he suggested that you might be able to offer some assistance.

Here's the ffmpeg -i of the files as posted on the Serviio forum:-

E:\>cd\Serviio\lib
E:\Serviio\lib>ffmpeg.exe -i "F:\Videos\My Videos\Recorded TV From PVR\Only Fool
s and _2009112013455301.ts
FFmpeg version UNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Jan 10 2011 21:46:22 with gcc 4.4.2
  configuration: --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-shared --disable-ffp
lay --disable-ffserver --enable-memalign-hack --enable-libmp3lame --arch=x86 --e
nable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-w32threads --target-os=mingw32 --cross-prefix=i
686-mingw32-
  libavutil     50.36. 0 / 50.36. 0
  libavcore      0.16. 0 /  0.16. 0
  libavcodec    52.108. 0 / 52.108. 0
  libavformat   52.92. 0 / 52.92. 0
  libavdevice   52. 2. 3 / 52. 2. 3
  libavfilter    1.72. 0 /  1.72. 0
  libswscale     0.12. 0 /  0.12. 0
[mpeg2video @ 02c080b0] mpeg_decode_postinit() failure

Last message repeated 7 times
[mpegts @ 002abcd0] max_analyze_duration reached (This was actually yellow, not very readable!)
Input #0, mpegts, from 'F:\Videos\My Videos\Recorded TV From PVR\Only Fools and
_2009112013455301.ts':
  Duration: 01:11:53.31, start: 47137.582944, bitrate: 3299 kb/s
  Program 1
    Stream #0.0[0x65]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576 [PAR 64:45 DAR 16:9],
15000 kb/s, 26.28 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0.1[0x66]: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 256 kb/s
    Stream #0.2[0x69]: Data: [6][0][0][0] / 0x0006
At least one output file must be specified

If you would like to see the full thread, this is the link:-

http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2492