Join now - be part of our community!

Kdl-40w605b apps list

SOLVED
dorin.beteringhe
Explorer

Kdl-40w605b apps list

Hello,

I have a Sony Bravia kdl-40w605b and I just moved to Uk. Today I notticed that almost all the apps are missing, I can't find Youtube, BBC iPlayer, Amazon prime ...

All apps disapeared after I refreshed the internet content. 

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dorin.beteringhe
Explorer

Problem solved.

There was a problem with the ISP shield, it was activated and it was filtering the traffic. After I modified shield settings all apps appeared back. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When UK specific apos disappear, it normally indicates that the TV cannot find an internet connection, or that your IP address is not a UK one (ie, use of a VPN)

Reboot your ISP router, whilst the TV is off. Once done do a Refresh Internet Content.  If that fails, factory reset the TV

Cheers

dorin.beteringhe
Explorer

Problem solved.

There was a problem with the ISP shield, it was activated and it was filtering the traffic. After I modified shield settings all apps appeared back. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for posting back on the solution.  Just curious on what ISP Shield is?  Is it an ISP filtering option, or Hotspot Shield VPN?

Cheers

dorin.beteringhe
Explorer

Hi,

Yes, it's an ISP filtering option (Sky Broadband Shield), actually is an online tool available for all sky broadband customers and has 3 settings PG, 13 and 18. Now it is set to 18 and before it was set to PG. 

They are saying that 18 is suitable for adults and PG for everyone, anyway this is their opinnion :slight_smile:

Edit

Do you know any IPtv app compatible with my Bravia?

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the explaination - something for me to remember in order to help others :slight_smile:

Unfortunately you cannot install other apps on the tv.  However, check under 'all apps' and see if there is one called Opera TV Store - if so, theres more apps in their.

You can also install Sony's 'TV and Video SideView' on a smartphone or tablet - which can help to control the tv.

Also, if you navigate to channel 221 onwards in the EPG there are some IPTV channels

Cheers