Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 40EX723

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Dzeko10
Visitor

KDL 40EX723

Hi People, My first post.....................

I have recently bought a Bravia KDL 40EX723, it is a brilliant TV but having a few issues. My first is that the new Opera Browser is not working, infact the software does not appear to be installed on the TV. I have downloaded the latest updates including firmware but to no avail. I can only access www.sony.co.uk through the internet browser, also no widgets.

I have been back to the shop where I purchased this TV and the other 2 TV`s there did exactly the same. I have looked on lots of websites and they all say that after March 11th 2011 this model of TV will be available in the UK with the Opera Browser installed for unlimited internet access...The retailer is looking into it for me but in the meantime, if any of you Guru`s out there know anything about this please email me

Yours hopefully

Dzeko10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dzeko10
Visitor

Perfect Damac, Thank you for the update..Firmware installed and working..Software now installed and working...and the final piece of the jigsaw was to press the options button whilst on the Sony.co.uk website and then the Opera Browser opens up and away we go.even got my widgets, Twitter, Skype, Facebook etc aswell and full internet access...:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Many thanks.......

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

It could be temporary. Refresh internet content next day.

Regards

Damac

Dzeko10
Visitor

Thanks Damac...already tried that numerous times..Still nothing back from the retailer either..:smileysad:..very frustrating...

DamacizSi
Visitor

Dzeko10
Visitor

Perfect Damac, Thank you for the update..Firmware installed and working..Software now installed and working...and the final piece of the jigsaw was to press the options button whilst on the Sony.co.uk website and then the Opera Browser opens up and away we go.even got my widgets, Twitter, Skype, Facebook etc aswell and full internet access...:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Many thanks.......

DamacizSi
Visitor

Thanks to Sony. I hope You and everyone will enjoy.

Cheers

Damac

:slight_smile: