Join now - be part of our community!

Internet widgets stops viewing TV?

profile.country.en_GB.title
RHS123
Visitor

Internet widgets stops viewing TV?

Hello all and a happy new year to you!

I bought a Sony TV 6 months ago roughly (it's KDL-40LX903 3DTV) and it has internet enabled on it.

All works fine, and so does the widgets, but when you view widgets, the TV disappears (picture and sounds goes).  According to the Sony site "BRAVIA Internet Widgets, exclusive to selected BRAVIA TV models, delivers a range of Internet content straight to your TV screen. Just press the button on your remote control and you can choose and download your own personal widgets. They’ll automatically be updated with information without interrupting your viewing so you don’t have to miss a moment of your favourite TV programmes."

But, it does interrupt the viewing pleasure.  All I want to do is view the weather every now and then with the TV still showing, instead of the widget showing with a black screen behind.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to resolve this problem?  I have updated my TV with the latest firmware.

Many Thanks

RHS123

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
knighs
Visitor

Hi,

I have a KDL-40NX703 and it is exactly the same - I seem to remember seeing that this is 'working as designed'. Very disappointed with performance of the widgets & the fact that all information is lost (e.g. Facebook login details) when a software update is performed.

knighs