Join now - be part of our community!

Input Lag

vinney72
New

Input Lag

Input lag, why is this not listed in specifications of all the SONYTV's ? This is important information. (To some of us)

1, I would like to know the input lag for the KDL55w829b (my current tv)

2, I want to buy a second larger tv 75inch or higher from Sony (for gaming) but I won't if I can't find the one with the least lag.

please tell us xxx

2 REPLIES 2
stevec00
New

I tried to find out about input lag times for Sony tvs I asked sales staff and there technical department with no luck all they said was that they don't give that information to customers .

In the end I got in touch with the CEO of Sony UK and I got a reply 

Dear Mr. Coomber,

Thank you for your email. I am replying to this on behalf of Mr. De Pauw as it pertains to our department.

To be honest the reason this information is difficult to find is because it is often not officially published by television manufacturers.

This is due to the fact that input lag statistics can vary from game-to-game, model-to-model, console-to-console etc.

Generally speaking, 65" televisions from Sony from the 2013-2016 range will perform between 13 and 22 ms, though this is not guaranteed.

This statistic should be fast enough to not display any discernible lag from command to display.

Hopefully this info is helpful to you, and we hope that you decide to continue your patronage of Sony.

Best regards,

Stefan
SONY SUPPORT TEAM

vinney72
New

Thanks Stevec00 very nice of you sir !