Join now - be part of our community!

Help need to connect satellite antenna

profile.country.GR.title
Arisef

Help need to connect satellite antenna

Hi community,

i want to know what equipment do i need to connect a satellite antena to my Sony kdl42w815B TV and the steps to do it. Or give me some links to find out the procedure. This particular model has built in this tuners DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C.

thnks in advance

Aris
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have a satellite connection already, simply screw/twist in the cable to the TV and do a satellite tune.  Please note that the TV has only a basic EPG of Now/Next - even though the TV has a DVB-S/2 tuners, it is not a Freesat TV.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Arisef are you in Greece? It is a freesat for free services.

You need:

• An antenna dish 80cm or more
  • One LNB for one satellite or two LNB's with a two input diseqc for two satellites
  • A technician to adjust disk and bring cable to your TV or use existing Digital TV cable by adding input mixer and output mixer and a line amplifier if necessary

Procedure for our TV is here:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69211/kw/satellite

profile.country.GR.title
Arisef

@Anonymous  @MiCal1967 You mean, even I buy all equipment I need to pay subscription to watch free sat channels? I can't understand, from the moment I have the tuner, why i could not watch free channels. What is a freesat tv? I live in Greece, do you know if this is supported here?

Aris
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

No Aris

You do not need to pay subscription for free satellite channels In Greece.

FreeSat is for UK. I think so.

You only need subscription for Nova Hotbird 8 @ 13°E Irdeto encryption and Digea Eutelsat 3B @ 3.1°E Biss encryption.