Join now - be part of our community!

Info Banner

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
tonkie93

Info Banner

Hi 

I’m trying to turn off the info banner( source banner) on my KD-65XG7002 and I’ve gone into channel set up, but there is no option on “Info Banner”  

There is the option and it’s been turned off on my other Sony KD-55XE8596 

so any pointers to how I go about turning if off on the XG 

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
tonkie93

After reading another thread on here regarding the info banner, someone suggested to turn the Digital Audio output HDMI to normal on my Sky Q box, as I have my sound coming from a AV receiver via optical, I thought I would give it a go and Yippeeeeee it seems to work. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I'm looking into this and will update the thread when I have an answer.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
WWWonder
Explorer

Having the very same problem. A solution would be very much appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
tonkie93

Cheers for that, I have emailed Sony, but as yet no reply 

profile.country.GB.title
tonkie93

Just had this reply 😱

Really?? don’t think I’m prepared to alter all that, just in case it causes more problems, I’m not sure if they correctly understand what I was asking 

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

We are sorry to learn that your the info banner keeps showing on your Sony KD-65XG7002.

In an attempt to resolve the matter, please perform the below steps:

1-Remove all external devices.

2-Unplug TV from mains and plug it back in after 2 minutes.

3-Ensure that the TV is running on 8.821 software version, by checking:

Home - Settings - Customer Support.

If your TV is not running on the above software version, please visit the below link for the latest update:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-xg70xx_x70xxg-series/kd-65xg7002/downloads/000162...

4-Set the Video labels to Auto as follows:

Home - Settings - System Settings - Set up - AV Setup - Video labels.

4-Set the audio out to PCM:

Home - Settings - System Settings - Set up - AV Setup - Audio out.

5-Set the HDMI signal format to Enhanced:

Home - Settings - System Settings - Set up - AV Setup - HDMI signal format.

5-Perform a factory reset as follows:

Home - Settings - Customer Support - Factory Settings.

Having the issue persists, we are seeking your kind patience to reply with the below to investigate the matter further from our end:

1-What is the current software version installed on the device? Please write the exact version:

2- Was the device working fine before or is the issue there since day one?:

3- If it occurred recently, when did the issue start?:

4-Do you have any external devices connected to your TV? Please mention which ports they’re connected to.

5-Is there any specific action you perform to produce this issue?

6-How often does the issue occur?

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Jasmine

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en 

profile.country.GB.title
WWWonder
Explorer

I think I've managed to solve the problem for me. I've simply changed the input connections around. I now have my two devices swapped around.

profile.country.GB.title
WWWonder
Explorer

Hi,

The problem hasn’t been solved at all. I've tried all those options as well, except factory reset. The TV is brand new anyhow and has been doing this from day one. The settings are a little different than tonkie has been asked. The AV preset label has no auto, but I've labelled the sources. I've tried HDMI on both enhanced and standard. The Digital Audio Out is already set to PCM and this isn’t a selectable option to change. The software version is - 8.464 - and it says there are no other updates available over the network. I’ve tried updating with a USB and it says there is no applicable update.

Can I ask if things like this ever get resolved?

Thanks,

profile.country.GB.title
tonkie93

Having sent a reply saying that I was a little concerned as to why I had to change all those that was asked of me and I wasn’t prepared to do, although I might try later as I’ve just had this reply 

Thank you for your recent email.

In regards to your Sony KD-65XG7002, we are sorry to inform you that your TV doesn’t the option to turn off this option.

Hence, we are sharing some steps to rectify the matter.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely 

profile.country.GB.title
WWWonder
Explorer

I have tried all those options they have mentioned, which I can. The options aren't quite the same. I've tried turning everything on and off with no effect. I don't know why it won't update. There's no update over the network and I've followed the steps exactly for USB and it says - no applicable update. I don't see in the update information where anything has been resolved with the input banner. I can't tell if the TV is Linux or Android  (as of searching) and if the update is for any one of them. Can I also mention that it only does this on the PC and not on the satellite box.

Thanks,

profile.country.GB.title
tonkie93

I’ve also tried changing what they ask, well the parts that I can and like you, they have made no difference. 

I didn’t do a factory reset as my tv is only 5 weeks old and this has been happening since I got it. 

I have sent an email to Sony informing them that the changes have made no difference, I have put the settings back to were they were