Join now - be part of our community!

hx923 centre screen banding issue - faulty?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
tim.campbell
Explorer

hx923 centre screen banding issue - faulty?

Have done a quick search, but cannot find anything to tell me whether the vertical bandings across the whole of the left-hand side of the screen are normal? They are visible on both terrestrial TV and DVD playback (I have tried correcting for them in the settings menus, to no avail).

hx923 banding 2.jpg

Visible across all light coloured backgrounds - is this to be expected, or is it a fault?

This is not the first unit from Sony, and am getting very frustrated with the lack of quality control.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

thats definately not right and i suggest you get on to your dealer and arrange another replacement as soon as possible, also worthy of note ask your dealer to let you examine the set when it comes in, this is easily arranged and only requires the top half of the box lifting off and plugging in, then you can check the screen before its delivered.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

Did you get any reply at all? If you call Sony Support they might tell you that it is within specifications but that looks like a fault. Try to swap it ASAP.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

thats definately not right and i suggest you get on to your dealer and arrange another replacement as soon as possible, also worthy of note ask your dealer to let you examine the set when it comes in, this is easily arranged and only requires the top half of the box lifting off and plugging in, then you can check the screen before its delivered.