Join now - be part of our community!

How do I connect my TV to the Internet?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
R.Tiverton
Visitor

How do I connect my TV to the Internet?

Can't find any helpful advice in the Sony instructions so I did this :

Took the cable that connects my computer modem to the phone socket filter and plugged one end into the LAN socket on the new TV. Put the other end into a phone filter in the phone socket.

Went through the 'network connection' procedure on the tv but it couldn't detect a connection.

No idea what to do. Not really sure what a 'LAN cable' is.

Message was edited by: Catmambo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Best start with these guides here

http://www.sony.co.uk/article/id/1237479247084

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/bravia-lcd-televisions/6/3/article/id/1237479586895

Which do a pretty good job of explaining the process.

Thanks

R.Tiverton
Visitor

Thanks for those, not really sure what a router is.

Catmambo
Contributor

Its the box that BT or whoever your ISP are would have likely sent you. Its basicaly an electronic device that intercepts signals on a computer network and determines where the signals have to go - in this case receiving the Interent feed from your telephone socket and sending it to whatever devices are connected to it.

Thanks

profile.country.da_DK.title
TubSony
Visitor

Hello

The two mentioned articles will not do the job alone - in Denmark. In order to access the Internet you not only have to establish a connection to your network. You also have to create a tunnel through your broadbandmodem to the Internet, e.g. getting your internet provider to accept, that you access the Internet. Otherwise you get the error code (2200).

From nearly all internet providers you have have a username and a password. There is no browser in the Sony TV´s where you can establish a internet connection to your broadband internetprovider. Therefor your have to contact the internetprovider for example by phone, giving him the mac address for your Sony USB adapter or your built in facility in the TV. Then he can put your internet connection for example on "always on". Then you can access the internet directly without any problems.

Good luck to you