Join now - be part of our community!

help: new sony TV switching samsung TV in separate room off and on when using HDMI

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dali21
Explorer

help: new sony TV switching samsung TV in separate room off and on when using HDMI

Just bought a new Sony Bravia KDL 42W705 for upstairs.  Already have a different Samsung TV in downstairs room.  Also have SkyHD which is connected via HDMI and is routed to all TVs in house via HDMI splitter.

Noticed after installing Sony TV that when I am downstairs watching the Samsung TV using the HDMI 1, when someone upstairs turns on the Sony TV, the Samsung TV switched off and back on again after about 5 seconds.  The same happens again when the Sony is switched off.  This only happens when the selected source is HDMI 1  i.e. whilst watching Sky.

The Samsung TV's freeview is unaffected and so is the HDMI 2 which has a DVD player connected.

It seems to be as if the Sony TV is set up as a deafult for the HDMI 1 for Sky.  Is there a setting to change this?  I have turned off all CEC syncing on both TVs but don't know what else to do.  Could it be a problem with the HDMI splitter?

Anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Considering that you hav turn off all CEC functions, my guess is the auto hdmi switching that is taking place when switching the TV on upstairs and is going through a "hand-shaking" phase before going back to the correct source (ie TV). 

To confirm this, simply disconnect the HDMI cable to the TV upstairs either on the TV side or from the HDMI switch.

Is there a way to remove the "auto switching" functions on the HDMI switch and only have it in manual mode?

However what you probably need instead is a device called "magic eye" - Its hard to advise fully as I have never used/owned sky.  But google it anyhow.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/TV-Equipment-Questions/Can-I-have-sky-in-two-rooms-without-multiroom/qaq...

Hope this helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Considering that you hav turn off all CEC functions, my guess is the auto hdmi switching that is taking place when switching the TV on upstairs and is going through a "hand-shaking" phase before going back to the correct source (ie TV). 

To confirm this, simply disconnect the HDMI cable to the TV upstairs either on the TV side or from the HDMI switch.

Is there a way to remove the "auto switching" functions on the HDMI switch and only have it in manual mode?

However what you probably need instead is a device called "magic eye" - Its hard to advise fully as I have never used/owned sky.  But google it anyhow.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/TV-Equipment-Questions/Can-I-have-sky-in-two-rooms-without-multiroom/qaq...

Hope this helps.

Cheers