Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI v1.4 Compatibilty?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
nimbus988
Visitor

HDMI v1.4 Compatibilty?

I have just purchased a KDL-40HX723 Bravia HDTV and a BDP-5840 Blue-ray player, both the manuals to say the least "lacking" in all respects, the I-manual is poor also, however the retailer assured me that these products were HDMI v1.4 compliant and that provided an internet connection was established on one unit say the TV then the internet would be available by means of an HDMI v1.4 cable on the other units.

Does anyone know what the situation is with regard to the HDMI compliant level available on these Sony products.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, i have a wired internet connection to my TV, no problem but no internet on the BlueRay via HDMI v1.4 cable, more probably these Sony units do not support this standard.

Thanks for any help, then i shall go back to the retailer and give him hell.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi, afraid your retailer made that one up. They have never been advertised as having this feature, indeed not sure any TV's from any manufacturer currently have it. It's not a feature on new 2012 models either...

Out of interest, is there a reason you wanted both devices connected?

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi, afraid your retailer made that one up. They have never been advertised as having this feature, indeed not sure any TV's from any manufacturer currently have it. It's not a feature on new 2012 models either...

Out of interest, is there a reason you wanted both devices connected?

Thanks

nimbus988
Visitor

Thanks for your prompt reply, I knew i was right and the retailer was talking rubbish will put them right!

No particular reason for wanting both connected, just makes it easier if there are firmware updates to be had then dont need to swap over lan cable from tv but its no real problem.

Thanks for your help

drhowells
New

For convenience, and if you don't mind spending a little bit of money, you could get a Network Hub, which will allow you to plug both the TV and Blu Ray Player in at the same time.... something like this:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/13639897/TP-Link-TL-SF1005D-5-port-Unmanaged-10-100M-Desktop-network-S...

You would also need 2 additional network cables of sufficient length for your setup at home. I have my TV, PS3 and BT Vision box all plugged in at the same time through my one network connection.