Join now - be part of our community!

HD freeview not working when 5.1 surround connected

profile.country.en_GB.title
noseyparker2003
Visitor

HD freeview not working when 5.1 surround connected

I bought a KDL-46HX803 Bravia TV with a BDV E370 5.1 Home Cinema Blu ray to complete the package. I collected the TV last week and managed to get everything to work OK. My problems started when I connected the Home cinema which I only picked up yesterday. At first I couldn't get the sound to work through the surround speakers when I viewed the TV. eventually I found out that I should have attached the HDMI cable to HDMI1. that sorted, I got everything up and running only to find that the HD freeview channels don't work when the home cinema surround sound is on. I need to switch the unit off to get a picture. So I now have either a great HD picture with rubbish sound or a great 5.1 surround sound with only the non-HD channels to view. I deliberately chose two sony products to avoid this type of problem - can anybody help - what am I doing wrong and is there any way to correct it?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Try to connect TV to BDV with optical cable allso, becouse BDV have just HDMI OUT. In TV select audio system in sound settings.

Regards

Damac :slight_smile: