Join now - be part of our community!

Does anyone know what the acceptable limit concerning dead pixels is?

profile.country.en_GB.title
safc32
Visitor

Does anyone know what the acceptable limit concerning dead pixels is?

Hi, I took out an extended warranty when I purchased my Sony Bravia TV (KDL-32V4000) 2 years ago, and just now I've discovered that I have quite a few dead pixels in my screen, showing up as black dots. I read through my warranty to find that I may not be covered depending on whether the pixel failure location or number exceeds sony's acceptable limit. However I have no idea what this is, or how to obtain such information, I've searched google endlessly however as yet unfortunately to no avail. Does anyone know the acceptable limit, or could anybody please direct me to where I could find out? I'd certainly be most grateful. Incidentally there are over a dozen dead pixels in my screen, and their location varies, from the corners, to the edges, to near enough the centre of the screen. Thanks in advance for any help or advice. :smileygrin:

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

there should be no such thing as an acceptable limit for this as a screen with dead pixels that are visible is not fit for purpose and therefore should be covered by the warranty!, would you buy a black out blind with 12 holes that you can see daylight through?, No of coarse not, same applies to this.

safc32
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, this was also my initial thought, however it is clearly stated on the warranty, that unless the location or amount of dead pixels exceeds the manufacturers acceptable limit then it isn't covered for repair/replacement. I did a few google searches, and apparently all TV manufacturers include this in their warranty. I'm sure that at least 12 should be over what they'd deem acceptable anyway, plus the fact that they're scattered around the screen, so I think I'll just go ahead and get in touch with them. :slight_smile: