Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL37-EX403 not responding

profile.country.en_GB.title
jonasmiles
Visitor

Bravia KDL37-EX403 not responding

Have had a kdl-37ex403, for about 6 weeks now and worked seamlessly – more or less, however, tv is not responding this morning, I switch it on (after switching it off from the mains), sony logo appears and goes to straight to analogue with no picture and distorted sound effect, then goes into standby, sony logo appears, detects usb abd then back to analogue.

I switched it on again, this time the green power light is displayed 10-15 now, but blank screen and no sound and none of the remote keys work or the manual buttons on the side, channel,menu…

I am going to put it back into standy.

The standby light blinks once every 1 minute approx and power light is continuous in their respective modes.

Can anyone help, any ideas what might be going on??

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Visit authorised Sony service in warranty.

R

Damac

omid06
Visitor

I have bought sony kdl37ex403 just few dayz ago on 14 march 2011! My Tv also 2 or 3 times jumped from digital tv or aerial automatically to AV1 which is connected to Satelite Reciever i dont know why?

I bought a usb internet dongle (none sony) but the still the wifi doesnt work I am using broadband cable (wire) to use internet but still the BBC iplayer doesnt work I contacted the Sony support team they told me to leave it on standby for 3 or 4 days more then u can update it. but in these 3 days i have tried alot to update it but even from usb the update doesnt work if some one help me how to update it so i can watche bbc i player? or any one knows how to use wifi with usb dongle none sony dongle i mean!

omid06
Visitor

Contact the support team at this number 08448466555 and let us know plz what happend

thnx

xris_mc
New

Not sure if this will help but I had a similar experience with my 40EX503. If you have wired your Bravia to the Internet then it could be relevant.

About 4 days after purchase (just before football worldcup 2010), the TV suddenly switched off and I couldn't start it up after that. The orange led began to blink - in bursts of about 7 or so times. I figured the blinking was some error code so looked it up over the net and found reference to possible "overheating". I reported the problem to my dealer and we made arrangements for the TV to be collected. Unintentional, but I left it plugged in on standby and the network cable connected.

Two days before the TV was due to be taken in, I tried it out and lo and behold it switched on and appeared to be working flawlessly. I phoned up my dealer to delay the pick-up for about a week to see if the problem reappeared. It didn't. The TV has been working perfectly since (now just under a year).

My theory is this. When the TV is bought new, it has been sitting in some warehouse for a fair while and has "missed out" on all the updates that have occurred since it dropped off the production line. When it is plugged in and wired into the Internet ( I wired directly into the router which was conveniently located nearby), it begins to update the software. It does not do it straightaway, but unlike the Sony BluRay players with similar network capability, the TV does not inform the user that it is updating software (nor does it ask the user if they want the software updating)!

At the time I bought my TV, iPlayer was not available on the Bravia so I ensured my selection of BluRay player to go with the TV had iPlayer capability. A few months down the line and I was browsing Internet TV and as if by magic, the TV had self-upgraded and iPlayer was now available and working!

So, it is possible what you are experiencing is NOT a fault. It could be the TV going through the initial software update which leaves the TV sort of unusable for about 2 days!! This is a bit too long for a software update I know but that is how long it took on mine. I have not seen anything official from Sony so cannot say for sure. I would therefore suggest you leave it plugged in and wired to the network for a while and then try it once every morning for about 3-4 days after which it might be time to call in the repair man!