Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Internet Widgets

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jasyk34
Visitor

Bravia Internet Widgets

I have just checked the Bravia widgets on my kdl-40cx523 and have only found 2 widgets (Facebook and twitter). The support page on the sony site says that i should get ebay, yahoo weather, yahoo news, betfair, sudoku and numerous other widgets for the UK. How do i get these ? (I have the latest firmware upgrade as that was the first thing i done with the TV)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Sounds like thats an old webpage thats referring to Yahoo widgets which were on the 2010 models not this years models. I think there may be more launching later in the year.

thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Sounds like thats an old webpage thats referring to Yahoo widgets which were on the 2010 models not this years models. I think there may be more launching later in the year.

thanks

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Miguelrgonzalez
Visitor
smalone99
Visitor

Glad I'm not the only person having issues.  It's a shame Sony support is rubbish after spending such a large amount of money on this t.v.  I'm not impresssed!

Catmambo
Contributor

BRAVIA Internet Widgets were a specific set of widgets for a small number of TV's in 2010. As far as I'm aware the specs of this years models don't say they ship with BRAVIA Internet Widgets, they refer to just social networking features.

Enjoy the best of the web on the big screen - Connect your TV to the web and stream full-screen Internet videos or keep up-to-date on social networks (firmware upgrade needed)

If you feel you were misold the TV by the retailer, do discuss with them directly as. However, I'd agree that the page does need clarifying - we'll get someone to sort it out next week.

Thanks for flagging it.