Join now - be part of our community!

5.1 Audio Output

profile.country.en_GB.title
Drag0n74
Visitor

5.1 Audio Output

I am new to this so please forgive me if i am doing something stupid. I have just got a Sony Bravia KDL46HX823 and Sony BDP-S480. I have connected them all up with HDMI cables that I was sold with them and have connected the TV audio out optic to my Yanmaha home cinema amp as it was running from my PS3 which I used on my old Sony Bravia and had full 5.1 sound. I have tried all settings but still the amp will not switch to 5.1 or DTS when playing a film but if I move it back to the PS3 all works fine.

Can anyone help me with this problem or is it that my amp is just not going to work with the TV I am stuck now what else to try.

Thanks Paul

2 REPLIES 2
nayan007
Visitor

Hi,

did you go through the manual that came with it.It will be given there https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Bravia55HX

Hi,

what exactly do you want?, if you want full DD or DTS from your blu ray movies you will need an optical cable or digital coaxial cable from your player to your amp.

if you want to improve audio from your tv then an optical lead from your tv to your amp will achieve this.

dont forget if you use this to turn the volume of your tv to zero otherwise it will echo.

forgot to add you will need to go into your blu ray player sound settings and set it up in there.