Join now - be part of our community!

3D Button - Change of Function

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Andy_R
Visitor

3D Button - Change of Function

I have a KDL-40NX713 which I purchaed last weekend.

On the shop demo model and on my TV (when I got it home) pressing the 3D button on the remote simply toggled 3D On or Off. I connected it to the internet Saturday night and then on Sunday, when pressing the 3 D button it now brings up the 3D menu. I reset everything to factory settings and the same still happens.

I spoke with Sony Tech Support who tried to take me down the route that it was possibly a faulty remote or a faulty TV. I know its not the remote as I also use a Logitech Harmony and the 3D button on this is automatically set. I dont intend to take my TV back to the retailer just yet.

However, one interesting point did arise out of the conversation. The support guy asked me to check the firmware version which is PKG.039EUS.0108. He sounded quite suprised as the current release is 037. I am assuming the update was done automatically on Saturday night / Sunday morning as I have the TV set up to automatically update and Saturday night was when I got it hooked up to the internet and Sunday is when it started behaving differently.

So my questions are:

Could this be a firmware issue?

How do I have version 039 when 037 is the current "latest" version?

Has anybody else seen similar problems?

Could it be a setting in the Setup that I am missing?

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance for any responses.

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Not sure - but is it an issue? Its probably more convenient it bringing up the menu as sometimes you have to change the type of 3D that the TV is receiving depending on the source, or adjust the brightness etc and previously you had to press options and then select the 3D menu. So this makes a bit more sense.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Not sure - but is it an issue? Its probably more convenient it bringing up the menu as sometimes you have to change the type of 3D that the TV is receiving depending on the source, or adjust the brightness etc and previously you had to press options and then select the 3D menu. So this makes a bit more sense.

Thanks

Andy_R
Visitor

Thanks for replyng.

I can see the sense in what you are saying but currently I am only using either simulation or 3D from my PS3.

I can set the option to simualtion in the options menu and then just turn it on or off when I need. When I use my PS3 it seems to automatically just put it in the correct format for the games and movies I have used. Therefore to just turn it on or turn it off is easier for me......at the moment.

Andy