Join now - be part of our community!

Why do I have no power to my data projecter VPL-CX5? I checked the fuse in the plug and even tried a different lead.

profile.country.en_GB.title
ianwarelow
Visitor

Why do I have no power to my data projecter VPL-CX5? I checked the fuse in the plug and even tried a different lead.

Why do I have no power to my data projecter VPL-CX5? I checked the fuse in the plug and even tried a different lead. It just so happens we had a power cut during the day.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your last statement about a power cut, may attribute to the cause of the problem. When the power comes on after a powercut, you may get an initial surge of electricity. As you have checked fuses etc, the data projector may have been fried. Sometimes you can smell it on the burnt out device too.

One thing to do, is try it in a different power outlet, incase the power outlet is faulty, or flick the reset switch on a surge protector (if you have one). Are there any lights comeing on at all? Short of that, the data projector may need to be repaired or replaced. I would contact and Authorised Sony Repair Centre, to see if they can do anything.

Hope that helps.

profile.country.en_GB.title
ianwarelow
Visitor

Thanks for taking the time to answer my problem. I've tried the machine in a different socket with a different lead. It certainly doesn't have a fried smell. Every other appliance and lights are working normally. Looks as if it may have blown something on the board.

Thanks again

Ian