Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1080 Sound Settings

profile.country.GB.title
LBAMPC
New

STR-DN1080 Sound Settings

I've just got the STR-DN1080 and UBP-X800.  I'm struggling to get the best sound output when I'm playing Blu-Rays or watching Sky Q.  Can anyone suggest the optimum settings please?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

We're looking into this for you now, and somebody will be in touch with a response for you soon.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again,

We recommend connecting the UBP-X800 to the receiver using a high quality HDMI cable to achieve the best sound. The receiver should then be connected to the TV. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
LBAMPC
New

Thank you. That wasn’t what I meant, sorry for being unclear. I’ve connected everything correctly. I want to know what settings to use for the receiver, sound field etc, to get the best picture and sound from Sky Q, the Blu-ray player in 4K and HD. The system has been through the Easy set up process already. I want to make sure that I get the best sound and picture from the receiver and connected components 

profile.country.GB.title
Philbz

If you are connecting the 1080 to a new Sony TV make sure the sound mode setting on the TV is changed to Cinema or the 1080 will not automatically change to Dolby Surround.

If it is on standard it will force the 1080 into multi sound mode.

You want the 1080 amp set to Dolby Surround. That way when it gets a Dolby signal it will output it correctly from Blu-ray or Sky.

Enjoy! It's a great amp and player