Join now - be part of our community!

Sony STR-DN-1080 input change

profile.country.GR.title

Sony STR-DN-1080 input change

Yesterday i bought the Sony STR-DN 1080 receiver and struggling still to configure it properly. I am wondering if i have made a configuration error as the receiver always powers on when i try to change its input (SAT, Game, BD/DVD) although i have the passtrough option turned on. Additionaly the home screen appears in the tv after a few seconds it is powered on. I have noticed also that when activating the hdmi control function even with the "standby linked to tv" is off, the receiver turns on when selecting the hdmi input of the tv to that the receiver is connected to. Are all the above resonable or i should return it ? 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

If you believe your device has an issue I would get in touch with the support team for further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GR.title

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for the reply. I have already contacted with sony service and I am waiting for their reply tomorrow. I just wanted to find out if this is a common sony receiver behaviour or it is just mines... 

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

Let us know how you get on with the support team?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.IE.title
cornelius1

I have the same problem (or similar) . The receiver selects the inputs itself, I have to restart the sat box receiver so it can be recognized by the AV , etc etc. . I'm getting the message 'no input detected... . Have tried everything that was supposed to resolve the issue - didn't solve the problem

profile.country.GB.title
Richib74
Explorer

Hi mine is the same turn on with TV remote virgin TV comes on for a few seconds then the amp switches to home screen and you have to select the source again love the amp bit this is annoying mine will be getting sent back I think