Music Player Sony E880

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
redani
Visitor

Music Player Sony E880

Hi,

I have just bought a Sony e880 Home Cinema and have 1 question please:

when I plug my iphone to listen to my music and select the playlist i want, how can I reach the last songs of my playlist without having to browse all the songs till the bottom of the list???

Thank you so much for your help

Reda

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

No problem - simply you could get a phono - > 3.5mm cable like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Phono-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B000Q6LSVS/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

and connect this to the back of the E880 and the other end to the ipod. This will basically make the Ipod to think its being used with headphones and give you full control via the ipod itself rather than the TV the E880 is connected to. So if you want slightly quicker control of the music, this might be an alternative option.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Not sure you can jump sections of playlists to the bottom via the TV itself. Depending on how you are connecting your phone, you could always browse on the handset itself as it may be quicker to select the track via the phone if you have big playlists.

thanks

redani
Visitor

Hi Catmambo and thank you for your answer.

I connect my iphone with the supplied dock.

I'm sorry, didn't really understand what you mean with "you could always browse on the handset itself as it may be quicker to select the track via the phone if you have big playlists." :slight_frown:

Thank you

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

No problem - simply you could get a phono - > 3.5mm cable like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Phono-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B000Q6LSVS/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

and connect this to the back of the E880 and the other end to the ipod. This will basically make the Ipod to think its being used with headphones and give you full control via the ipod itself rather than the TV the E880 is connected to. So if you want slightly quicker control of the music, this might be an alternative option.

Hope this helps

redani
Visitor

Ahh ok, thank you for explaining me :slight_smile:

I see what you mean! but it's crazy that Sony produces amazing products and doesn't think about these small details that could be very important!!

I hope it's be fixed in the next firmware updates...

Thank you so much

Catmambo
Contributor

Yes fair point, will put it forward as a possible feature update for future firmware. No promises but sometimes these things can be easy to amend..

Thanks

redani
Visitor

great! thank you so much :wink:

redani
Visitor

Hey guys.

I have just discovered that now the iOS 6 is fully supported by the sony E880 and the music can be controled directly from the iphone when plugged with the dock.

Just wanted to share wity you this nice info :wink:

Cheers