Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ST5000 Soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
robmerce
New

HT-ST5000 Soundbar

I have had the soundbar for a week and now the OSD isnt working, my connections are secure.

The soundbar is working well other than that.

It is ARC to ARC HDMI connected too

56 REPLIES 56
profile.country.GB.title
Flashheart8
Explorer

Well all I can say is, there will be plenty out there who have or have had the problem with this or the  HT-ST9 soundbar but don't use forums.

Sony will know this and the total lack of response is deafening, the only way i can think of holding them to task over this is if enough of us write to Watchdog, get it in the public eye and hope they fix the problem or stop selling it!

profile.country.GB.title
red_picachoo

Trading standards you mean?  I'll see if the repair resolves it but like the HT-ST9 l suspect it will fail eventually.   I don't have much faith. 

I have emailed Sony support because of a lack of engagmenet from Sony here what's the point of the forum then????!!!

They do engage on the US forum so l don't get it. 

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

I have had 2 replaced due to the fault, a 3rd repaired, that ended up getting the fault again!

i took out extra coverage with AO so they just replaced it.

its really bad, shame as when it works the sound is amazing.

last time I said to Sony I will happily test stuff if they want to ascertain what the fault is, was told it had been escalated but heard nothing

profile.country.GB.title
red_picachoo

Good tip and sorry to hear you have fault again - it's allot of hassle isn't it?!

l just phoned up AO and monthly warranty cost is about £8.99.  I think l will get the cover in a couple of months time just in case as l imagine replacing the main board will be expensive. 

profile.country.GB.title
red_picachoo

OK my sound bar has been repaired a week later.

The main board had to be replaced because there was some software issue.

I have put a detailed and fair 1 star review on Amazon because of this issue (otherwise this is a 4/5 star product) as l  also had two failures on the HT-ST9 where the main board had to be replaced (too much of a coincidence).

I emailed  Sony as well telling them i'd recosider my 1 star review when l hear of a firmware fix. 

profile.country.GB.title
Fraz57

Can you tell me if you get the digital TV picture when you select TV on this soundbar? I don`t. I have Virgin TV connected to HDMI 1 and this picture appears without sound when I select TV.

profile.country.GB.title
robmerce
New

If you have hdmi then it needs to be connected to the arc hdmi on each outlet

Get Outlook for iOS