Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ST5000 Soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
robmerce
New

HT-ST5000 Soundbar

I have had the soundbar for a week and now the OSD isnt working, my connections are secure.

The soundbar is working well other than that.

It is ARC to ARC HDMI connected too

56 REPLIES 56
cjdemelker
Explorer

Thanks!

Common, paid 1500,- euro's for this soundbar. Because I wanted 'premium' quality, and the sound is great but this frightens me bigtime. I wanted to go for HEOS or Sonos but the reseller insisted I needed to go for the ST5000.

If this is not handled correctly by Sony I will hit the social networks big time.

I think Sony doesn't want that for their premium / flagship Atmos soundbar, right?

Already on Twitter (@SonyNederland - dutch Twitter account) asking them for a solution.

But am holding my heart over here. :'(

profile.country.GB.title
red_picachoo

Anyone got a resolution for this (Sony????).  I'm now having the same problem after owning the Soundbar for several months.

HOME button shows this screenHOME button shows this screen

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Unfortunately you will have to contact Sony support to arrange a repair.

or try and get a replacement from your retailer.

The main board will be replaced.

profile.country.GB.title
Skynet5-UK

Is this the please wait problem? I had it on the ht-st9, their previous flagship.

Utter rubbish, failed twice with 13 months. Second time I was out of warranty and the Sony support guy laughed and said there is nothing they would do.  I had never been so disgusted by the service of a company.  Amazon thankfully just gave me a full refund.

I did try and litter threads about this problem to avoid you all buying their next model which was bound to have the same problems.

profile.country.GB.title
red_picachoo

Yeah slow "Please wait" and home screen shows no icons so can't do a reset from there.  Slow shut down as well.  No sound coming from the TV.  Power and minus key held for five seconds does a reset which doesn't do anything to help.

profile.country.GB.title
red_picachoo

Right i've taken my sound bar to the local repair shop recommended by Sony.  If it's a mainboard replacement as it appears to be a common problem then i'm not holding any hopes of a real solution as i've yet to see one.

My warranty runs out in May so hoping the repair is not 4 weeks last what happened on the HT-ST9 that was stuck indifinately scrolloing "Please Wait" on the display; that one ended up on the tip!

profile.country.GB.title
Skynet5-UK

Wow, youre dedicated to Sony to have the issue on the ht9 and buy the new model!

I decided never to buy Sony hardware again, and sold my playstation to boot!

profile.country.GB.title
red_picachoo

Yeah i'm a right mug for buying another Sony soundbar.  Shame as the sound is good but there's clearly a flaw in the product and Sony don't care that's why Sony don't even comment on this very forum (hello anyone from Sony here care to tell us if this is resolved or not??) !

Over on Avforums.com numerous people have had 2 or 3 replacements too.  

profile.country.GB.title
Skynet5-UK

Yes. The sound is very good I remember 😞

I

Although I've learned to love my ysp-2700.

Thankfully Amazon gave me a full refund (£1100) and I got the 2700 for £650 so feel like I did okish.

profile.country.GB.title
Skynet5-UK

What is even worse is there is not a single Sony representive on this forum focussing on customer success. Where is the person inside Sony looking after the customer? 

I'll be even more damning. My dad bought a 4k TV from them a few months ago, he likes it but to me it looks like a big tablet with serious light bleed/glow on it.  Their products in general are sub standard now, and the south Korean brands are typically far better.