Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update Problem

profile.country.GB.title
Exir007
Explorer

Firmware update Problem

dear admin

i have bdv-n9200wl and i try to update my firm ware to "0182" but it failed at 0%

my current version is "0164" i tested with all folowing conditions
-use USB
-use WIFI
-ejected BD- unplug for a day and next try dont work
-unplug all HDMI and ...

What should i do?!!!!!

photo_2019-05-18_00-55-02.jpgphoto_2019-05-18_00-55-03 (2).jpgphoto_2019-05-18_00-55-03.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Exir007
Explorer

yes bro

i reset it - factory reset

something is strange for this HT because its BD cant eject (even if i push the play buttom with eject together) and at the first of boot it showd "D on" and 5 second later shows "D off"

what is this?
what is sp-mode?
what is the input port under the device (i will take a picture of it and upload) 

Sorry for bad english

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Exir007,

I suggest you use the most recommended method, which is using a network cable connected to the LAN port of the device for updating your firmware. At times updating from internet can take up to 60 minutes on very slow internet connections. That is why the message [Download capacity: xxxxxxKB/xxxxxKB and xx% is display in TV screen] is displayed and the progress bar on the display will not change for a long time. But before you start updating the firmware you must:

1. change the Quick Start Mode setting to OFF. You can find instructions on how to do this on this article. Not all devices have the Quick Start Mode setting so check first if you have this setting.
  2. eject any discs from the device and unplug the player for 5 minutes then perform the update.
  3. disconnect the device from your wireless home network by switching off the wireless radio of your router.

If the update still fails you should be able to update by burning the firmware files to a CD or DVD disc. First extract the folder called UPDATE from the UPDATA_M21R0182.zip you downloaded. Then burn the folder UPDATE to the CD/DVD. Note that all four firmware files must be inside the UPDATE folder.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Exir007
Explorer

THANS BRO FOR YOUR HELP

i do that and it failde - ejject the disk - turn of the quick start - unpuged for a while for cache clearing and....

but it stuck on 0% and failed after about 15sec

i saw a port similar to usb in under the device, what is that? (can i flash it using that port? - can see in images )

P90603-220948.jpgP90603-221018.jpgP90603-221056.jpgP90603-221119.jpgP90603-221130.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Exir007
Explorer

the next thing that i thing do this failed proccess id "D. ON" and "D.OFF" that show in device LCD 

right after turn it on (you can see images below) after 3 sec it show "D. ON" and after 10 sec it tpe "D.OFF" - what is this *****y codes of sony?

(tommorow will upload the images because of upload count limits 5 pics)

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Exir007
Explorer

i think this matter "D. ON" and "D.OFF" related to firmware update failed

does your devices show this two conditions on your device's LCD after boot up?3 sec after bootup show "D. ON"3 sec after bootup show "D. ON"7 sec after "D. ON" it show "D.OFF"7 sec after "D. ON" it show "D.OFF"

profile.country.GB.title
Exir007
Explorer

Can some one help me?

I cant even eject because its not opening when i push eject, i i kw that, this is not a hardware problem because rarly times it opens, but i cant even know when?

I think this related to "D.OFF" too.

profile.country.GB.title
Exir007
Explorer

UP please help me

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Exir007,

You need to take your device to a Sony service repair shop and let them know that you can't eject discs. As long as there is a disc in the device a firmware upgrade will not be possible.

Cheers,

Dutchice