Join now - be part of our community!

BDV E4100 audio cuts out

BDV E4100 audio cuts out

Hi,

I've just gotten a BDV E4100 home cinema. I've been having trouble with it in that it keeps crashing either when switching inputs on my TV or when I start playing back recordings through Sky.

After trying to figure out what's wrong for a few days I think I've finally worked it out (maybe?). It seems that the system is quite over-zealous when it comes to shutting itself down, any break in the opitcal audio feed and the system shuts off. The shut down process is quite slow and i was mistaking this for the system crashing.

This is handy when I turn my TV off as it means I don't need to turn the home cinema off but It seems a bit over-sensitive in that the small break in the audio feed when you press play on a Sky recording (whilst sky loads the recording) causes it to shut down. The break in the feed is maybe 1-2 seconds.

Is there any way to stop the system from shutting itself off when the opitcal audio feed stops momentarily?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

That is very interesting indeed.  Im assuming that you are using optical because you do not have a HDMI ARC port at the back of your TV?

Have you dont a firmware update?  And maybe try a factory reset in the process?

Another couple of options to consider is:

Turn OFF - Auto Standby (even though its supposed to be 30 minutes)

Turn ON - Quick Start Mode

I cannot see any other settings in regards to optical, have a look at the settings on your TV

Cheers