Join now - be part of our community!

Am I missing something? Really disappointed with the bdv-e4100

profile.country.GB.title
CptChronic
Explorer

Am I missing something? Really disappointed with the bdv-e4100

Please tell me I'm doing this wrong and am just stupid. I have been at this for 2 nights now, someone please help before I send this thing back.

I bought the Sony BDV-E4100 1000w Home Cinema System a couple of days ago, im usually alright at setting things like this up but I am absolutely stumped with this. 

I have the TV (Samsung RU8000 65") connected via arc but there is no surround sound, apparently its not supported with an arc connection? The rear speakers are working when I run the test on them but I expected them to work all the time, so far they haven't worked once apart from the test tone. 

I finally managed to get my windows 10 pc connected via optical but it will not give me surround sound either, the option is not there. Its also connected to the TV via hdmi and that won't allow surround around either.

When it's set up this way I can't get surround enabled on the TV as the arc connection doesn't support it. Plus i have to mess with pc settings and pull out cables to get it back to the TV connection from pc optical. 

So I'm pretty much left with a 2.1 system and a big hole in my pocket, am I doing something wrong? I see this system has really good reviews which is why I bought it but I am seriously disappointed with it so far.  Don't get me wrong, the sound quality from the front speakers is very good but to think 3 of the speakers will not be in use very much seems pointless. I watch alot of films and shows on my pc so I really need the surround to be compatible with the TV and pc.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your new 2014 surround system supports multichannel audio both from arc and optical, you should check better the setting on TV e PC to send the right signal to it