Join now - be part of our community!

URGENT ADVICE AND HELP NEEDED with a Sony bravia kdl-60w605b

profile.country.GB.title
Theeapprentice
New

URGENT ADVICE AND HELP NEEDED with a Sony bravia kdl-60w605b

Hi my name's Jon i need some advice or help or a website with a tutorial on. I want to know if there is a way to download apps to my TV like the NOWTV app or any other apps when i try downloading an app of the web browser it comes up with a message saying i cant download the app i want. So is there a way to download apps manually to my Sony bravia e.g like plugging it into a laptop some how and put the apps on manually or is there a way to bypass the restriction what stops me from downloading apps from the internet browser. Any advice will be much appreciated because i want to put NOWTV in my apps file because I'm paying for it and can't watch it on the TV because it's not in the TVs app store. Please email me anytime with any advice at **********

Also i need help with this because this is my new project at the minute I'm learning how to put sky movies and sky sports and showbox and  another apps so basically its like kodi for smart TV but different and all for free aswell you will only have to update the software and security every 12month it will put all the latest movies on its self not like the android boxes or the firesticks where you have to keep updating them to get new films on.

So anyway thanks for reading please any help on how to get the apps downloaded on my TV will be much appreciated

Edited: Email removed for safety.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Theeapprentice
New

The message what comes up says 

THIS KIND OF DOCUMENT CANNOT BE DISPLAYED

profile.country.GB.title
First_Knight

Hello 'apprentice',

First thing to note (as a personal observation) is that your help request is very difficult to understand because of the way you construct your sentences, so I MAY have completely misunderstood the meaning of your post.

If so, then please accept my apologies for any misunderstanding on my part.

Most if not ALL of the advice below may aready be known to you. If any of it is, then you don't need me to tell you what to do next, after you read it (IF you read it).

If any of it is NOT then you are welcome to follow it. Or not, it is up to you.

Second is that IF the help & advice you want is about 'how' to 'record' or 'copy' content that MAYBE has 'copyright' restrictions, that can be described as 'live tv', you should not be asking for advice about that here.

A device called a PVR (a personal video recorder, that uses a hard disk drive or re-writable dvd's to 'write to') can have either freeview or youview tuners (sometimes with TWO tuners allowing recording of two channels at once - barely any difference at all between youview & freeview channels), the same MAY apply to PVR's with 'Satellite TV' Tuners, and again the 'free' channels available differ only slightly.

In BOTH cases these PVR tuners would or MAY only allow recording of channels that are NOT pay channels since they are 'free to view' without a subscription anyway - as far as I know. Some of these PVR tuners MAY also allow a pay as you go tv channel service as an 'add on' without a fixed contract (unlike Sky which is from 12 to 24 months MINIMUM contract - depending on 'tv/phone/broadband' package).

You also can 'receive channels' via a tv aeriel cable direct to your tv, or a via satellite dish through a 'sky box' that no longer has a subscription, but you will NOT be able to record using this method since a sky box has no PVR function without a contract in place.

IF your tv has a 'data & power' type usb port that you can connect either a mains powered or usb powered hard disk drive or 'ssd' (solid state drive) to AND your tv has an 'app' with a 'record live tv' function, you MAY be able to record live tv onto the hard disk or solid state drive.

Even if an OFFICIAL app on your tv allows 'live tv recording', on Hard Disk or Solid State drive, I am not sure that it is also possible to record onto usb 'thumb drive' storage or sd card storage inserted in usb sd card readers.

This is my understanding of what you MAY be asking/saying:

If your TV is telling you that the 'content' you want to watch on it (that you have presumably ALREADY got from somewhere else) will NOT play on your tv, that will most likely be because the 'format' of the file that is the content, is NOT compatible with the 'decoder' of the TV's software that allows 'content' to be 'played' on it in apps that are compatible with the TVs' Operating System.

The same applies to any other 'device' like smartphones, tablets and Mac/PC/Linux etc.

If this content or file is aquired using a 'TV O/S compatible official app' running on the TV then it SHOULD play or run - unless you used the tv's browser to download it.

Downloading it using the tv's browser from a 3rd party website, does not guarantee that this file is compatible with whatever operating operating system the browser runs on or any app running within it, or even that an 'unofficial or unknown file' will even be 'saveable' on the TINY amount of storage built into the TV (which is really ONLY for apps anyway). Or, even that - assuming this file was 'saveable' on EXTERNAL storage connected to the tv - that it would 'open' at all, never mind 'run' without causing multiple problems, like PERMANENTLY corrupting your tv, rendering it useless.

For what a 65" Bravia TV costs, it is a risk not worth taking.

The fact that it doesn't play or run on your tv tells me you got this file using hardware and/or software that does NOT involve your TV.

By that I mean this:

For an 'app' to be able to 'play' a 'file', that app MUST first be compatible with the operating system of the device on which the app is to 'run' or 'play' ANY file.

Second, the format of that file must also be compatible with the app, when that app is 'run' within the operating system of the device you wish to use, on which you wish to 'play' that file.

It should follow that if any app on your tv (except a 'web ot file browser) has allowed you to actually download a file, AND save it in an internal or external 'storage space' obviously accessible by that same app that downloaded the file, you might well expect this same app to also 'run' that file, and run it properly.

I would not guarantee that, at all or even slightly.

A good example of what is 'supposed to happen' and does happen, is that an 'Mp3 player' (like an iPod) is designed to play 'Mp3' format files, so it DOES (assuming they are not corrupted. It MAY also play other formats like wma, aac, M4v, etc, or not.

Therefore if you legitimately pay for and download 'Mp3 files (music)', you should be able to play them on almost ANY 'Mp3 player' - but that may depend on brand/model of Mp3 player, operating system of Mp3 player, where you get the music file from, as with iPods & iTunes............

.....which are exclusive to Apple, iOS and iTunes store (which uses aac/m4v/mp3), while other devices may have multiple options for where (which vendor) the content can come from depending on which 'music' app will run on the device.........

.......and under what circumstances you have access to it - via a 'subscription based streaming service (renting temporary access to songs like with Apple or Amazon Music) or an outright purchase (like buying it as a download from iTunes; or as a Mp3 download or physical CD from Amazon).

Third, depending on WHERE the file has come from and/or HOW you got hold of it, there may well be 'restrictions' on it already preventing its access and especially 'copying it to another storage space' by use of any particular device, operating system or app that is NOT already 'approved' by DRM (digital rights management).

This to prevent content piracy and to ensure copyright holders get paid for their work.

To check exactly which file formats ARE compatible with your Sony TV I would do a google search for technical specifications of the tv (and the features).

As for what file formats an 'app' can 'play', that will depend on the app. There are 1000's of legitimate apps that cost nothing or very little that play or run multiple file formats (some are free, some are not; some are good, some are crap) from the Official Google Play Store.

Why risk your tv with apps from unofficial 3rd parties?

I would remind you that is is NOT a good idea to try to 'run' 3rd party' apps on a 'Smart TV' that do NOT come from that TV's 'official' App Store (Google Play Store if your TV runs Android TV software).

I would NEVER do that, but I am no expert.

Perhaps you are willing to risk permanently corrupting your tv?

I would not, if I could afford a 65" Bravia TV!

Good luck, anyway

Blessings & Peace to all

First_Knight

profile.country.GB.title
First_Knight

Hello Jon

Further to above, I see that your TV seems possibly to be a 60" tv? going by the model number, but still a very expensive tv.

By the way, if you REALLY want access to 'Now TV' that much (for access to their 'non subscription' tv packages) you should be able to get an external now tv box for not a lot of money, but I am sure there is no recording ability with those devices. These packages can or do include Sky Sports and/or Sky Movies, but at a lower cost due to much smaller number of channels - but also debatably lower overall value.

Other brand 'boxes' are available with multiple combinations of Operating Systems, channels & apps, some with recording features (or not).

Fire TV devices may also have access to 'Now TV' app, as well as PS3 does also have access via PSN, there are also Sky+ & Sky+ HD boxes - which have to connect to a dish I know, but connecting to a dish that may akready be there was VERY cheap (but I already had the box from a previous address).