Join now - be part of our community!

Terrible Customer Services

Dans2000
New

Terrible Customer Services

Has anybody else found Sony customer services to be totally incompetent, and frankly non existent?

Recently bought a tablet online. They delivered the wrong one. Despite accepting they made a mistake over the next four weeks they failed to make any arrangements to collect it.

Moreover the 'special offer' bundle on their website I was pursuaded to buy was in fact more expensive than the separate selling price of the three items included, which was misleading and a clear breach of Trading Standards.

Spent literally hours on the phone to their call centre in Egypt. To say they are totally incompetent is an understatement. Most of them do not understand well enough, but more importantly they never reply to emails (despite the auto response saying they will reply within 24 hours), never call you back as they promise, and even when you lodge a formal complaint never escalate it, and getting to speak to (or a returned call from) a supervisor simply impossible.

Basically after being messed around for months I have had to write to the chairman, and will be issuing small claims court proceedings. Spent £60 on sending back the item myself, £40 on calls, and hours of my time wasted.

A sad demise for a brand that used to be good. Miles behind its competitors now. My worst customer care experience ever if I am honest, and that is from a loyal customer of Sony for more than 25 years. I'm going to buy a mini iPad instead. Apple at least know how to treat their customers.

0 REPLIES 0