Word nu lid en maak deel uit van onze community!

Sony - what a con

Daco65
Nieuw

Sony - what a con

just got a tv from Currys. Get home to find tv is incompatible with iPads, no itv player etc etc. typical Sony. I had a camera years ago - all their own cards etc. 

should have checked online before buying instore. 

Reminder to self "don,t buy Sony products - they are not there to put the customer first"

😞

6 ANTWOORDEN 6
Anonymous
Niet van toepassing

Hi there

I am very sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with your comments of "What a con".  There is no con here. It is your responsility to ask questions, research the product/s all to enable you in making the decision on purchasing the correct product that suits your needs.  I am sorry that you feel this way, but it is no secret that apps such as ITV player are not available. 

In regards to your iPad - you have not stated what you want to do.  Screen mirroring is not supported as Apple used the own proprietry version called AirPlay which is not compatible (you would get this with every other TV manufactuer as well).  You would need an Apple device called AppleTV to screen mirror your iPad to the TV - Do you blame Apple for this?  If you wish to send media content from the iPad to the TV - use an app called iMediaShare.

Would you buy a car on spec without doing any homework?

My advice is, if your not happy, speak to the retailer you purchased it from (ie Curry's)

Cheers

Daco65
Nieuw

Hi Mr "3898" posts, obviously not too bothered about non - online techies who just buy from shops ( or possibly a paid commentator???)....hope you enjoy your "most posts of the week" status.

My point is - how can a company of Sony's size can launch a product without the most basic operational features? I don't think covering on demand for the basic 5 UK TV stations is too much to ask IMO...especially given the POS etc etc

Yours

"just a consumer sharing some feedback which your Brand team might be interested in,maybe (Sony)"

D

Anonymous
Niet van toepassing

HI there

Firstly, you missed a 1000 posts off by the way :grin:

If you would like to see an app on the TV such as ITV Player and 4OD - why not contact them?  Register your 'expression of interest'.  Sony would very much like ITV Player and 4OD catchup apps on their TVs, especially as it would be a big marketting advantage, having the the 5 big players of catchup services.  Unfortunately if ITV and Channel 4 do not want thier content/apps or whatever on TVs - you cannot force them (I guess you could sent the CEOs to Guantanomo Bay).

Also, to fill you in, the 'experts' of these forums are not paid by Sony, not employed by them or any other affilianted company to do with Sony.  We do this for free, as a purely voluntary role.  So why do we do it, I can only vouch for myself, is because I genuinely care and like to help people.  Also I have a vast amount of free time, and keeps me contructively occupied.  Im not the person who watches Jeremy Kyle! (Urgh).

So seeing as I am no way affiliated in anyway to Sony, If they to a poor job - I will say so.  On the opposite, if I believe they are not at fault, I will defend.

Your original post was aggressive, and well... What type of reply do you expect back?  If you fail to ask the questions when purchasing a TV - Why is it Sony's fault?  The onus is on you, the buyer, to find the right product that matches your requirements, and you do this by asking questions.

Hopefully this explains things a little better.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Bijdrager

@Anonymous 

I think you wasted your time on this one fella!

The original OP was not asking any questions and simply came here to moan. Yikes, some people! :smileyshhh:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Daco65
Nieuw

Yes, you are right. Have been totally out Trolled. Well done Sony Community. Give yourselves an extra XXXX posts...

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Bijdrager

That's nice of you to say so. I get an extra point each time I reply so it keeps me happy! :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14