Join now - be part of our community!

SONY repair sent my phone to the wrong person!!

leighporter
Explorer

SONY repair sent my phone to the wrong person!!

Hi Community!

Where do I start.. Well I sent my Z1 (which I love) to SONY to be fixed with a simple MIC fault. After a while I wondered where it was (I went it in Jan this year) and they said it had been sent back and signed for..

Well after quite a lot of arguing I managed to discover that SONY repair sent it to a completely differant address!

First they said I should try and find it (seriously! I have a phone, they loose it and I HAVE TO FIND IT!)

Eventually they managed to understand what they did, but still I have no phone.

What really troubles me is that it had a load of personal information on it which is now in the hands of somebody else. Far from saying you should delete stuff they just tell you to back it up. So I did. But now I have a phone full of pictures of my children, documents, emails etc and it's in the hands of a stranger and SONY won't even acknowledge this fact.

I have had to buy a new phone (Need it for business), change passwords on about half a dozen accounts and have al my work security stuff changed because of this. 

And still over a month later I have no phone.

I was really looking forward to the Z3 compact but I'm really not sure I want to touch a SONY device ever again.

Please if somebody from SONY is there reading, do something to help!

-

Leigh Porter

ex Z1 compact owner

Tags (3)
14 REPLIES 14
leighporter
Explorer

Yes I had an email with the shipping details on it. I wonder where it'll
end up 😉

Thanks again for your help.

--
Leigh
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

LOL @leighporter :laughing:

At least you've managed to keep a sense of humour despite the recent problems :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent, could you update the thread once you are receipt of your replacement phone please.?
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Leigh,
Has your replacement mobile phone arrived.?
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Leigh,
Just want to check that your replacement mobile phone arrived.?