Join now - be part of our community!

SONY repair sent my phone to the wrong person!!

leighporter
Explorer

SONY repair sent my phone to the wrong person!!

Hi Community!

Where do I start.. Well I sent my Z1 (which I love) to SONY to be fixed with a simple MIC fault. After a while I wondered where it was (I went it in Jan this year) and they said it had been sent back and signed for..

Well after quite a lot of arguing I managed to discover that SONY repair sent it to a completely differant address!

First they said I should try and find it (seriously! I have a phone, they loose it and I HAVE TO FIND IT!)

Eventually they managed to understand what they did, but still I have no phone.

What really troubles me is that it had a load of personal information on it which is now in the hands of somebody else. Far from saying you should delete stuff they just tell you to back it up. So I did. But now I have a phone full of pictures of my children, documents, emails etc and it's in the hands of a stranger and SONY won't even acknowledge this fact.

I have had to buy a new phone (Need it for business), change passwords on about half a dozen accounts and have al my work security stuff changed because of this. 

And still over a month later I have no phone.

I was really looking forward to the Z3 compact but I'm really not sure I want to touch a SONY device ever again.

Please if somebody from SONY is there reading, do something to help!

-

Leigh Porter

ex Z1 compact owner

Tags (3)
14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Leigh,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..😊
Unfortunately we don't cover mobile phones on this forum, there is a dedicated forum just for tablets & mobile phones, but I will see if I can get someone to investigate your case for you..
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,
I have been informed that somebody from Sony Mobile support has already been in contact with you & have agreed on a replacement..
If this is not the case could you please update this thread..

leighporter
Explorer

Hello,

I'll update the thread when the matter is resolved fully.

Since you also sent my private data to a third party I am also looking at
the data protection issues surrounding this so I'll update the thread with
my findings.

Somebody from your support team has not been in touch, I have had to chase
and call them all the time. They have never called me as promised.

I still have no update as to when I will received this promised replacement
or what it may be.

I am also concerned about identity theft as the phone did have my personal
data on it.

I don't quite understand how they have managed to do this, it is quite
staggering.

Do you have any updates?

Thanks,

--
Leigh Porter
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@leighporter Please understand that we (Experts) are NOT SONY, nor do we work for them.

We are all just Sony users and fans that try to help those in need. There are no Sony staff on the forum (apart from the occasional mod or admin.)

Thalamus has kindly made some enquiries for you off his own back (with some contacts he has) but he won't get any updates as he was told " Sony Mobile support has already been in contact with you and you & have agreed on a replacement"

If this is not true you need to make sure your contact details in your profile are correct and also get on to Sony Support quickly to find out who they were talking to!

Again this is the wrong forum for Phones.

(Try clicking the Sony Smartphones Support Forum tab on the forum category page and you will see you are taken to a different website.)

I'm really sorry your phone has gone missing but there's not really much else we can do to help until you can confirm if an agreement was made with you or not and if not, after you have contacted Sony to see what the heck is going on and let us know.

This does serve as a good warning though for all our members to remove personal information / files if possible from a product before sending it in for repairs.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for you reply..

@leighporter wrote:
Hello,

I'll update the thread when the matter is resolved fully.
Since you also sent my private data to a third party I am also looking at the data protection issues surrounding this so I'll update the thread with my findings.

As Jumpy has mentioned I do not work for Sony but do have over the years gained several contacts within Sony who can usually help me address repair issues such as yours.. So I have not done any of those things that you have accused me of..:smileysad:

I mentioned in my reply that I had been informed that Sony had been in touch & that you had agreed on a replacement & added that if this was not the case to please update this thread, as I had not had a reply I presumed that the information I had received was correct & that you case were happy with this outcome..:smileyconfused:

@leighporter wrote:

or what it may be.

I am also concerned about identity theft as the phone did have my personal
data on it.

I don't quite understand how they have managed to do this, it is quite
staggering.

Do you have any updates?

Thanks,

--
Leigh Porter

I am happy to reach out to my contact again on your behalf if you wish me to.?

Again as Jumpy mentioned it is best practice to remove all personal details from any electronic device before sending it away to repair..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi leighporter,
have further update from my contact..

@leighporter wrote:

Sony mobile support attempted to contact you on the 25th February but as unable left a voice message for you.. Was also informed that you made contact with Sony mobile support on the 2nd March & which time you agreed network/colour of your replacement Z1..

If you have not had this conversation could you let us know please.?

@leighporter wrote:

or what it may be.

I have also been informed that you have been advised that Sony Mobile support informed you that they waiting stock of your replacement phone & once stock has arrived you will be sent tracking details..

leighporter
Explorer

Thalamus is an asset to SONY, they really should be paying him.I've received better service from Thalamus than SONY..

They have called me to say something is being done, but I still have no phone. I've had to buy another because my friend from whom I borrowed a Huawei Ascend P7 needed it back (they are pretty good phones, not as good battery life as the Z1 compact though and they are just too smooth and keep falling off things, relaly annoying. I think I prefer the Z1, but can't afford another).

So I have today purchased a used Google Nexus 5 from a mate since I need email access and have other stuff I need access to and I still have no idea when SONY may get around to returning my phone.

I'm going to make a court claim for the most money, though I may consider using the civil mediation service before I resort to that. I'm not sure what else I can do.

I am really very dissapointed with SONY, the phones are really good, I have a SONY tablet, TV and have purchased SONY for years. I really like the Z3 and will perhaps still get one when I can.

This is not the end of me loving the SONY products, but really, this whole thing just completely sucks.

Thalamus, thankyou for your help and support. SONY owe you one and I'd certainly buy you a drink :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thank you for your kind words, it's comments such as those that is the reason I still log in to help after all these years..😊
I have reached out again to see if I can possibly get info on a possibly eta for delivery..
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Leigh,
I have been informed that your replacement phone has begun shipping have you had confirmation of this.?