Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Community

profile.country.GB.title
alpha.6

Sony Community

Since the community has been updated I am unable to post photos, and also the stupid verify "I am not a Robot" blocks me forever, after all I only want to sign in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi  alpha.6,

alpha.6 schrieb:

also the stupid verify "I am not a Robot" blocks me forever, after all I only want to sign in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you mean by "forever"? For me I have to log-in twice (first time normally, then I have to log-in again while going trough the captcha check).

This is the case for a few weeks now and I agree it is utterly annoying.

I have forwarded this to the Community Manager @Peter_S. and he said he forwarded it to the right department.

alpha.6 schrieb:

Since the community has been updated I am unable to post photos

I just tried it via this button in the "Photo Gallery" and it gives me "an unexpected error occured" (or at least the German message for that).

Is that what you see, too?

-Nic

profile.country.GB.title
alpha.6

Hello Betreff,

Tried again today to upload and still been blocked as well as three stupid road sign pages to go through.  It appears only phone users are what Sony want on this site!!!!   If you make an account and the details you put in are sceure to you only, why have Sony decided to make it impossible to put pics on from a genuine Sony camera, I noticed alot of users taking off the EXIF data, which probably means pics were not taken with Sony gear.

Was going to spend a few grand on some more Sony camera gear after selling my Canon 5D4 and 3 L series lens, but will not bother now.

Please note Sony all of your genuine customers are human, robots are working machines that do not come out of a factory, humans buy you products and go out and about, only for you to stop them having pleasure with gear bought from you.

Customer friendly Sony, don't think so!!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

I think I should inform you about the purpose of the captcha, since you heavily misinterpret it:

Sony sites are currently under attack by bot networks (DDOS attacks), which is the only reason the captcha is in place currently.

Regarding the image upload:

It is broken due to the community redesign and should definetly not be broken.

Let's hope it gets fixed very fast.

Sony does not perform an "EXIF-check" or anything similar. You can upload images from any camera and brand to the Sony image gallery here in the Community.

If a photo contains no EXIF-data, it was probably not deleted by the person who uploaded it to trick the (non exisiting) EXIF-check. It is most likely due to the person editing the photo in a photo editing sofware, which doesn't save the EXIF data from the original image to the new one.

- Nic