Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Cashback Winter 2019

Vikomag55
New

Sony Cashback Winter 2019

Has anyone else suffered the horrendous delays from Sony in paying the cashback

I bought three expensive items early December - Camera and two lenses and submitted my claim dilligently and correctly early January. They never passed on a claim number and I heard nothing so a couple weeks ago I called them and was told my claim number ( it doesnt work by the way ) and was also told that they were having issues with false claims and they wanted more photos with my purchases and serial numbers etc with my name on a piece of paper.  Its ridiculous and as I can see delaying tactics.

I blame Jessops from who I bought the camera - they are who I bought from and I only bought because of the cashback

I think this whole cashback is a big scam by sony just to get you to buy their equipment and then to delay or not pay.

I have decided to wait a reply to a final email I just sent - if unfavourable `i will go to the `UK watchdog , newspapers, social media and court to recover my money either from Sony or Jessops

Has anyone else experience this crap service from major company - I feel cheated

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Vikomag55  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Try not to worry, its nothing personal and isn't a delaying tactic or a scam.

(Believe me we've helped alot of people get their cashback claims sorted out :wink:

Sony have had a lot of fraudulent claims in this latest cashback offer,

where people were using any photo of a product showing serial numbers and fake

invoices to submit their claims. They are quite skilled at doing this.

Sony is now asking for specific photographs  to ensure honest product owners are being handled as soon as possible. The requested photographs are a measure to avoid someone fraudulently using a customer's serial numbers before they themselves can.

Don't blame Jessops, unfortunately it is organised crime that has caused these extra measures

to be put in place. The bad apples always spoil things for genuine customers.

I assume you have sent Sony the requested photographs?