Join now - be part of our community!

SONY 65X950G hdmi enhanced format issue pc

profile.country.GR.title
dorso77
Explorer

SONY 65X950G hdmi enhanced format issue pc

hi everyone,owner of x950g 65'' over a week now.i have a desktop connected through hdmi 2.0 18gbps certified cable on the hdmi 2 port of tv.

when im going to inputs to change and enhance the signal to 4k ,,windows 10 goes straight to welcome screen with loading screen on a loop and cant go in windows.when im changing the 4k to standard again,all is back in normal,,i could leave it this way but im stuck with ycbcr 4:2:0 and i need 4:4:4 or an rgb chroma subsampling.

im on 3840x2160/60hz right now and all is ok as it is, except this issue with chroma limitation.

my card is msi gtx 970 which is capable enough for chroma options as i mentioned through hdmi 2.0 18gbps,,i tested many cables with no luck,also with no more than 2-3 meters so this isnt a problem.1.8m is cable i have now.

shame tho  this tv isnt supporting 2560x1440 which i like on games with 120hz,,this is the setting i had on a qled b4 sony x950g and i had enhanced the hdmi with no issues,both on 2560x1440 120hz and 3840x2160 60hz. i dont understand why this is happening,driving me crazy .if anyone has any suggestions or similar experience please share with me to find at last a solution.thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi dorso77

Welcome to the Community. 

It's best to
contact Sony Support about this.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GR.title
dorso77
Explorer

Thanks Pascale,i  did it already they said they cant help me on this ,normally it should have  been enhanced.honestly i stopped searching about it,,got tired of it.i will stay with chroma 4:2:0 as my only option ,at least i can have 3840x2160 60hz,,it could be more worse :slight_smile: strange tho cause on the qled i had there was no problem doing that,also i had option for 2560x1440 120hz.but now i cant return the tv ,days have passed and i dont think tv has a problem so i can send to service and  i dont want to ,,service most of the times ends up badly.