Join now - be part of our community!

Sonos beam2

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Robthemod
Explorer

Sonos beam2

Hi can anyone help, have Sony bravia TV about year old is it possible to setup sonos beam 2 have tried but does not come on have downloaded sonos app and appears on TV but not coming on

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Robthemod 

As above, what model is your TV please? You still haven’t said 😢

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Robthemod
Explorer

KD65XF5009 model number

profile.country.GB.title
Robthemod
Explorer

Kd65xf9005 have connected as stated via HDMI arc and still won't work, sonos soundbar on screen but not working

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Hi @Robthemod 

I’m afraid that’s terribly vague 😢

Have you worked through this:-

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2659?language=en_US

in order, ensuring that you make the required HDMI connection to the (e)ARC HDMI port on your TV?

You must wire the Sonos to the TV with the supplied HDMI cable, and you must only use the HDMI port on the TV labelled ARC/eARC, or it won’t work.

But if the above is not enough to get you going, then please state exactly which model your TV is, how you have connected it to the SONOS (or how you are hoping to), and exactly what steps you are taking, starting from switching the TV on, to try to make the SONOS work, exactly what happens (does the SONOS come on and display anything and so on) and exactly where the process fails.

profile.country.GB.title
Robthemod
Explorer

Have Sony Bravia only about year old, my sonos beam 2 brand new when I setup the sonos via app it has been loaded onto TV via HDMI to HDMI via HDMI arc connection when I try to get it working states not supported brings up list of compatible models, set up Alexa and sounds great but cannot get to work on tv

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Robthemod 

As above, what model is your TV please? You still haven’t said 😢

profile.country.GB.title
Robthemod
Explorer

• Do you need model number can send when I get home, the bravia about year old have connected the soundbar via HDMI arc on TV with HDMI lead has loaded sonos works on Alexa but not on TV, states on the sonos app that connected to Alexa but TV not picking up soundbar said not supported
profile.country.GB.title
Robthemod
Explorer

KD65XF5009 model number

profile.country.GB.title
Robthemod
Explorer

Sorry kd65xf9005/6

profile.country.GB.title
Robthemod
Explorer

Kd65xf9005 have connected as stated via HDMI arc and still won't work, sonos soundbar on screen but not working

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Robthemod 

You aren’t supposed to choose any posting as the solution until your Beam is working with your TV, and then only choose the one that told you how to get it working 😛

OK, that’s a 2018 Sony Android TV with ARC, and the SONOS Beam 2 should be fully compatible with it.

So ignore the SONOS app for the moment, just get the HDMI cable that SONOS supplied, plug one end into HDMI 3 on the TV, the input marked ARC, plug the other end into the HDMI Out (yes, Out, if the Beam has more than one HDMI connection), switch the Beam on, set the Sony to a TV channel (any one you like), and the sound should play through the SONOS, and not through the TV.

If you have no sound, turn the TV volume up until you get some.

If the sound only plays through the TV, or there is still no sound at all, I’m all out of ideas, and I suggest you call the SONOS helpline, as in the manual that came with it, and see what they suggest. Maybe it’s faulty; if so, they will know. But otherwise, they should be able to walk you through getting it working.

And when they do, please let us know what was going wrong, and what you/they did to finally get it working.