Join now - be part of our community!

Promotion Cashback Scam

SOLVED
PeteTh
New

Promotion Cashback Scam

I bought the sound bar HT-FX9000 on line here in Belgium. Part of the reason for buying this model was the price - which included a €50 cashback. Upon delivery I connected up the new soundbar, and then put the packaging in the recycling - then as laid down by Sony - 30 days after the purchase I tried to claim back the advertised €50. Whooops - sorry - you can only claim back the €50 if you have a photo of a very specific section of the packaging!!!!! Surely a copy of the invoice and a photo of the product number and series would be enough? No -sorry sir - we can only give you your money back with a photo of the packaging!!!!  Great scam guys - thanks a lot. Why not demand a photo of the delivery man too! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @PeteTh,

while you call it a scam, I personally would say it is your mistake not to read the terms of service more carefully. 

It clearly states which steps need to be performed in order to claim the cashback: https://campaign.odw.sony-europe.com/redemption/2019/BNL/Soundbar_Terms_and_Conditions_NL_BE.pdf

The corresponding line in your native language would be:

Let op: Vraag in de winkel altijd om de originele
verpakking en behoud deze voor het claimen van
de cashback.

- Nic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @PeteTh  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Does it state anywhere in the cashback requirement information that a particular part

of packaging is required to validate your claim?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @PeteTh,

while you call it a scam, I personally would say it is your mistake not to read the terms of service more carefully. 

It clearly states which steps need to be performed in order to claim the cashback: https://campaign.odw.sony-europe.com/redemption/2019/BNL/Soundbar_Terms_and_Conditions_NL_BE.pdf

The corresponding line in your native language would be:

Let op: Vraag in de winkel altijd om de originele
verpakking en behoud deze voor het claimen van
de cashback.

- Nic

PeteTh
New

I received an email message - which I have received in French but I have translated into English - as follows

"In order to finalize your request, you must cut out the original white sticker with the different barcodes and other numbers, appearing on the product packaging or box, using scissors or a cutter.

Then, please take a photo of the cut piece of cardboard, placed on a solid colour background (a table, for example),"

Sony was not satisfied with a copy of the invoice together with the product information marked on the soundbar itself.

PeteTh
New

Frankly when I bought the soundbar I thought the shop would provide the cash back - but only discovered that it must be claimed from Sony - but that I rlearned after the packaging had gone. Obviously from now on we should hoard all waste paper!!!  You guys are great - Thanks a lot...