Join now - be part of our community!

Poor product Poor customer service

varley16
Explorer

Poor product Poor customer service

Hello all, 

Just looking for advice on this situation.

29th June 2014 i purchased a new XAV-602BT from amazon, approx a month or two after having it fitted it started to fault.

• switching itself off then back on straight away while driving
  • screen freezing randomly.
  • auto dim feature has never worked.
  • settings randomly reset.
  • and now unit has completly stopped working, if the screen is pushed hard towards the main unit it will come on, let go and it switches off.

eventually i contacted sony on 25/10/2014, who advised me to send the product back, after unforeseen delays i recontacted Sony asking if I could send the prodcut back recorded delivery, as they supplied me with a freepost address.

I was then sent a link to take my product to my nearest repair centre, which happens to be 40 miles away. I emailed back, and was given a link to fixmyradio.co.uk, I registered twice and still unabel to access the site, so this doesnt give me much confidence in the company.

Im now at a stage with no audio unit in my car for months, product running out of warranty, sony seem to be stalling and a product i've repeatidly told them i do not want anymore, this unit has been so poor I just want a refund, a new unit is this bad, how will a repaired unit be?

I was even going to purchase the satnav part to it, but I have completly lost faith in Sony after this experience. I hope Sony read this and understand I do not want this product, I have never owned a head unit so poor before!

case:11560284

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi, your contract is with the Amazon, or the retailer who supplied the product via Amazon, so I would recommend you contact them.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=502564
varley16
Explorer

It doesnt matter where i purchased the product from, its a brand new Sony unit, therefore a Sony warranty.

So i have unit under a year old, sony are refuaing to help, amazin are refusing to help, sony send me a limk to a website that doean't work. I have a warranty, im assuming by law Sony have to honor the warranty, after all thats why it is there!