Join now - be part of our community!

help

rkzaxo
New

help

i just bought a sony bravia tv, i wanted to connect my tv to the internet however the network set up option is not there someone please help

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @rkzaxo and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Which model TV do you have?

profile.country.GB.title
First_Knight

Hello rkzaxo

Like the previous responder said, it would help if you mention the exact model of Sony Bravia TV that you have, and what features you think it is supposed to have.

Try doing a 'google search' (with another internet capable device - if you have one -connectable via ethernet or wifi to your modem/router) of the exact brand & model name of your tv & you should easily find out what features it DOES have, even if you don't know how they work.

e.g.

My Bravia TV is a:

"Sony Bravia KD-43XE8396". It has 3 usb ports, 4 hdmi ports, & other connections including Wifi, Ethernet & Headphones.

This is a 2017 model year 43" 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV, that can connect 'to the internet for multiple streaming services' via Ethernet or WiFi.

If you can't 'see' any selectable 'entry' on your tv 'home' screen for Settings and/or 'Network', either when in 'settings', or directly from the 'Home' screen, perhaps your tv is NOT a 'Smart TV' model?

If it IS a current or very recent Bravia Android Smart TV it should have a bunch of 'selectable tiles' somewhere on (or at the bottom? of) the 'main screen', after setting it up for the first time, that can take you to & through many settings including 'network connections' and 'hdmi input sources'.

If it is the case - that your TV is NOT 'Smart'- there are many brands of 'smart box' or 'stick' available from well below £40 to way above £200 that allow ethernet or wifi access to a wide range of 'smart tv features', all or most of which will need to connect to the tv using an unsed HDMI port. Some of these (Fire TV Stick) will be able to be powered by a usb port on the TV. Some will not & will need a power plug that most likely uses a usb or proprietary cable from the 'smart box' or smart stick.

Many of these 'smart boxes' or Smart Sticks' can be far superior to the 'Smart features' built in to some Sony & Samsung Smart TV's.

It's your choice which way you go to 'connect' your Bravia TV.

Good luck

Blessings & Peace to all

First_Knight