Join now - be part of our community!

Have Sony lost their way ?

chrislallen
Explorer

Sony have been my main provider of TV's/Video Recorders/Camcorders/Cameras/Audio Systems and much much more for over 40 years. At one stage, not that long ago, I have over 14 different Sony products in the house.

Today I have just two - all the other items being replaced by other manufacturers and when I feel the need to replace these two items (both Blu Ray players) I will look at other options

Why ?

Two years ago a small plastic clip holding the battery in my Sony Digital Camers (HX20V) broke - I tried both here and in the States to buy a replacement clip but was told that was not possible. I contacted Sony to be told their was a fixed price repair policy of £120 and there was no other option. 

Taking everything into consideration I opted to buy the latest model (HX50) as this was not much more. What a mistake. After 13 months the flash bulb blew. Once again looked around and was told that the only way to replace it was under the Sony fixed price repair policy (£120). I replaced it with a Nikon and will not be returning to Sony cameras again.

In January this year the TV we use in the bedroom (KDL-32EX43B) informed me that I needed to update the software. I did as told and the update was reported as succesful. Unfortunately the TV has not worked since. The integrated Blu-Ray player does not function at all and the TV part will only work if the set is unplugged and plugged back in again. I have been in touch with customers services since then and Sony will not accept responsibility in any way or form and have more or less told me to go away as the unit is no longer under warranty. This along with other issues has saddened me greatly and my love and loyalty to Sony has gone never to return. 

I replaced this TV with a Samsung (as I have all the other TV's in the house) and am very happy with my choice

What a crying shame !

0 REPLIES 0