Join now - be part of our community!

Why cant I transfer ebooks from pc to ereader

profile.country.en_GB.title
Deb1997
Visitor

Why cant I transfer ebooks from pc to ereader

Hi can anybody please help.I have transfered 7 books from the pc successfully to the ereader they were from ebooker. I then bought some from Waterstones, downloaded them fine to my pc but they will not transfer to the ereader (PRS-T1). However when I re-sent them the pc asked if I wanted to replace the file so it must have gone but is not visible on the ebook.I also sent some that I got free from registering but they to have vanished - Any Ideas please. I have been on here 5 hours now I could have written and read the book by now!!

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Have you authorised you pc  and reader with adobe digital editions?

carpetmojo

If you have the downloads available, install Calibre, ( latest versions are T1 ready ) then plug in T1, make sure device is recognised in "My Computer" or you see a "Send to Device " button on Calibre top toolbar.

The overlay your d/loads panel, and Drag'nDrop them into the Calibre library area. when there, select book, select "Send to Device" and it should be done.

At least that'll show you the reader's OK , and it's the process that's at fault - because you can use Calibre on its own, without registering anywhere.

scanman01
New

I downloaded five 'paid' for books from an online bookshop a few days ago and on transferring them to my eReader I was prompted to enable DRM activation for each individual book!

If I did not click on DRM activation the books would not transfer and I would get an error message on the laptop.

carpetmojo

Presumably you did this with "Reader for PC " - or R4PC  ?

What DRM was it ? Your reader / software should be ready for the usual sources - for example, wifi-ly goes through OK ?

I have never had a prompt of this kind - and with my tech capabilities, I think I should have !

And I just use Calibre for any PC to reader transfer, it's so much easier.

scanman01
New

The book downloads where to my LapTop using Reader for PC, I selected and purchased the books from an online shop and an email was sent to me when the books became available to download.

Logged into my shop account went to the download area and each time I selected download there was a DRM prompt if I did not click on it the book could not be downloaded and this happened for each of the five books I had purchased. The books are in DRM-ePub format.

I have recently downloaded the latest version of Calibre so in future will use this program when purchasing any future books.

Not had any problems downloading library books directly to my eReader using Wi-Fi just do not like purchasing books via the eReader much prefer downloading to my LapTop and transferring.

carpetmojo

Yes, I think it seems like you have more control over things, doesn't it !

And the browser - though a good feature to have, don't get me wrong - is a bit hard work, I find, just due to size, and rather imprecise ......reactions ?

profile.country.es_ES.title
delggo
Visitor

The same has happened to me. I bought on line in WHSmith an ebook in English (through Kobo) and I cannot read it in my ereader. I installed ADE and I could see the book on the computer but unable to see it in my ereader PRST1. I have also installed Calibre but it says as always, DRM. Can any body help me, pls? I have complained to both WHSmith and Kobo but no solution has been give so far.

carpetmojo

Have you installed R4PC ? (Reader for PC)

If not, try that, it should be OK.

And have you tried it wifi at all ?

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

You need to authorise the reader.

So install Reader for PC/Mac, then plug in the T1. It should then allow you to authorise it.