Join now - be part of our community!

When Do I Disconnect My 650

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tonislegs
New

When Do I Disconnect My 650

Whenever I load a book from my laptop to my PRS-650 the screen shows that the battery is charging, do I have to wait until it has fully charged the unit before I disconnect it or can I disconnect as soon as the book is downloaded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tonislegs
New

Hello Drumzman,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I have tried both methods and they both work!  Wouldn't you think that Sony would have this in their manual? then technophobes like me wouldn't get their knickers in a twist for nothing, anyway thank you once again.

Regards,

Toni

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drumzman
New

Hi Tonislegs,

No, it's not necessary to wait until the battery is fully charged before disconnecting after downloading a book (unless you want to fully charge the battery of course!:smileywink:).

The safest way to disconnect is to do either of the following two options (I'm assuming that you are using the Reader Library software):

Simply close Reader Library - you should notice that the message at the bottom of the screen on your PRS-650 changes from 'Do not disconnect', to just 'USB connected' - charging will be interrupted and you can then unplug the USB cable.

Or, if you want to leave Reader Library running: in the left hand menu - just to the right of the 'Reader' and its icon is a little triangular eject button.  If you click on this, the Reader will disappear from the menu and the message on the screen of your PRS-650 will change as described above, at which point you can unplug the USB cable.

Both methods achieve the same result anyway.

Hope that helps.

Tonislegs
New

Hello Drumzman,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I have tried both methods and they both work!  Wouldn't you think that Sony would have this in their manual? then technophobes like me wouldn't get their knickers in a twist for nothing, anyway thank you once again.

Regards,

Toni

Drumzman
New

Hello Toni,

You're very welcome - glad I was able to help.:smileygrin:

I agree, it would have been handy if Sony had included this in the user guide that comes with the Reader!

That said, I did find a short 'getting started' guide on-line for the PRS650/PRS350 that does cover it, although it was a bit hidden away!

If you want to have a peek, it can be found at the link below:

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/email/email.aspx?site=odw_en_GB   - If you type PRS650 into the search box, then the guide is the first item that appears in the list.  It's mainly for helping get set up the very first time you use the Reader it seems, but there are one or two useful tips for ongoing use.
Best wishes