Join now - be part of our community!

sony reader store books??????

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lulufairy
Visitor

sony reader store books??????

Can we use the sony reader store in the uk?

And a bit cheeky does anyone know of any good sites i usually use waterstones (so so expensive) and recently found kobo books and have started using that.

I got my 350 on valentines day and totally love it apart from the loading time, the doubling up of books when you sync new books onto the reader ( why does it do the whole library major fault I think).

Havent had any problems with it yet!!! just waiting now after reading some of the posts on here :slight_smile:

P,s quite hard to find where you start a new discussion maybe put it near the search question

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi lulufairy,

Quick answer is that you can't use the US Sony Reader Store I'm afraid - they have a different system in the US to over here and it's not compatible.  I think it might be something to do with copyright agreements for books varying according to different international territories :smileyconfused:.

Sites I have used like you are Waterstones and Kobo eBooks, and I have also on occasion used WHSmith eBooks.  However one thing I've started doing recently is using my local public library.  Sadly not all local libraries offer an eBook service, but if you're one of the lucky ones and your local library does - register for it and you can borrow eBooks (usually for up to about 21 days) absolutely free.

On the Sync thing, I must admit I don't tend to use it.  I turn this option off, and when I've bought (or borrowed!:smileyhappy:) a new eBook I just do a quick drag and drop - it's really quick and simple and I've never had any duplication.

Hope this helps anyway.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi lulufairy,

Quick answer is that you can't use the US Sony Reader Store I'm afraid - they have a different system in the US to over here and it's not compatible.  I think it might be something to do with copyright agreements for books varying according to different international territories :smileyconfused:.

Sites I have used like you are Waterstones and Kobo eBooks, and I have also on occasion used WHSmith eBooks.  However one thing I've started doing recently is using my local public library.  Sadly not all local libraries offer an eBook service, but if you're one of the lucky ones and your local library does - register for it and you can borrow eBooks (usually for up to about 21 days) absolutely free.

On the Sync thing, I must admit I don't tend to use it.  I turn this option off, and when I've bought (or borrowed!:smileyhappy:) a new eBook I just do a quick drag and drop - it's really quick and simple and I've never had any duplication.

Hope this helps anyway.