Join now - be part of our community!

Sony E-Reader 650 book sharing

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
GEEMCC
Visitor

Sony E-Reader 650 book sharing

I currently have a 650 and am considering buying one for my wife as she keeps using mine. If I buy a second one will I be able to use an expansion memory and share the books we have downloaded between the two e-readers so that we can both read them like we can do with paper copies

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi GEEMCC,

The short answer is yes - the only thing to be aware of to ensure this all works successfully is that you must authorise the second Reader for your wife with the same Adobe ID/password as you did for your own Reader.  If you use a different ID then any copy protected eBooks that you've already bought wouldn't open on the new Reader.

In terms of sharing the books, you can do as you suggest using memory cards, or alternatively the Reader Library software that comes with the PRS-650 allows you to drag and drop your eBooks to more than one Reader device (assuming as above you've used the same Adobe ID) so that you can read them at the same time!

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi GEEMCC,

The short answer is yes - the only thing to be aware of to ensure this all works successfully is that you must authorise the second Reader for your wife with the same Adobe ID/password as you did for your own Reader.  If you use a different ID then any copy protected eBooks that you've already bought wouldn't open on the new Reader.

In terms of sharing the books, you can do as you suggest using memory cards, or alternatively the Reader Library software that comes with the PRS-650 allows you to drag and drop your eBooks to more than one Reader device (assuming as above you've used the same Adobe ID) so that you can read them at the same time!

Hope this helps.