Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-300 charging problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
Minimumstitch
Visitor

PRS-300 charging problems

I am trying to charge my PS-300 after a few weeks on non-use and the battery is completely depleted.  The red charging light comes on initially but goes off after a few minutes.  I have tried connecting using the USB charger and mains charger and have the same problem with both.  I have reset the reader but the problem is still persisting.  Does anyone have any fixes?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi Minimumstitch,

I know that if the battery for a Reader has become really discharged, it can take up to about 45 minutes for it to come back to life fully and start charging up again normally (especially if you are charging by connecting it to a computer with the USB cable).  So my suggestion would be to leave it on charge for a good few hours and see if this resolves the problem initially.

Just to note, the mains charger might do the job a bit quicker, but I think it would still be good to leave it for a few hours to charge - I'm assuming by the way that you have the dedicated mains charger that plugs in to the 'DC-IN' socket on the bottom edge of the Reader?  If not and you have a mains USB charger, this could be part of the problem as these generally don't work with the Reader.  This is because the Reader is looking for an 'active' USB connection in order to charge - it will get this from a computer that is switched on (and not in standby or hibernating), but not from a mains USB charger.  So if you have been using a mains USB charger (and don't have the dedicated mains charger for Reader) then charge by using your computer, but as I mentioned earlier it may take 40 odd minutes before charging starts properly.

Hope that all makes sense and you manage to charge successfully!:smileyhappy: