Join now - be part of our community!

Problem running the PRS-T1 Updater

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ThreeRings
Visitor

Problem running the PRS-T1 Updater

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie so please bear with me if this should be obvious.

I am trying to run an update to my PRS-T1 (the first one I have ever been prompted for)... the files start to be extracted from the self-extractor zip file, I select the language (English) and then I keep getting the error:

Unable to proceed with the update because another application has been detected. Close all other applications and try again.

Except there are no other applications running.

Has anyone seen this and can tell me the fix?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
flicker
Visitor

Figured it out....very silly!!  I have some backup macros that backup my current stuff to a flashdrive every few hours.  By chance I had taken the flashdrive out when I plugged the reader in and it stole the drive letter for the flashdrive.  Next time the backup macro ran it backed up to the reader completely filling it so when I tried to do the update there was no space.  Cleared out all the rubbish and tried again and now it works!  Could have hoped for a more useful error message!!  Sorry to have wasted your time...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kronn8
Visitor

same problem here.

AVG is running in the background. it cannot be closed without uninstalling it. even doing CTRL+ALT+DEL and trying to terminate results in an "access denied" message. would AVG be causing the problem?

flicker
Visitor

Similar problem here...no applications running under Win7 Pro but keep getting Update isn't complete. Please try again.  Have done lots of times with no success.  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

carpetmojo

Have you tried a reset, and then starting again ?

flicker
Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion.  Hadn't tried that as the unit is brand new but now I have and unfortunately it made no difference at all!  Still get exactly the same error message.  Any other suggestions welcome...

flicker
Visitor

Figured it out....very silly!!  I have some backup macros that backup my current stuff to a flashdrive every few hours.  By chance I had taken the flashdrive out when I plugged the reader in and it stole the drive letter for the flashdrive.  Next time the backup macro ran it backed up to the reader completely filling it so when I tried to do the update there was no space.  Cleared out all the rubbish and tried again and now it works!  Could have hoped for a more useful error message!!  Sorry to have wasted your time...

carpetmojo

That's what a Forum's for !

Beats digging the garden :slight_smile: