Join now - be part of our community!

Need help to repair the original info

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Colthas
Visitor

Need help to repair the original info

Hey!

I formated my Sony PRS-650 by mistake and lost the original info: some music, drawing, some books and the manuals... Does someone has an idea how to get it back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi Colthas,

This is something that worked for me on the PRS-650: but after a formatting of the internal memory I performed a hard reset and much to my surprise the original content was restored!

The only thing you have to be careful of is that any of your own books and other content that you have put on the Reader will be deleted during this process so make sure you have copies on your computer that you can transfer back to your Reader again after a hard reset.  Also, if you had authorised your Reader for DRM material (copyrighted eBooks), the hard reset will de-authorise the device, so you would need to do this again.  Just ensure that you use the same Adobe ID and password as before so that you can still read any of your purchased eBooks.

The instructions for a hard reset can be found here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/computing/faq/faqkb.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&d=&m=PRS-650&f=PA_PRS

I hope this works for you too - as I say I was a bit surprised that this was successful for me!  I'd be interested to hear if you get the same result! :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Drumzman
New

Hi Colthas,

This is something that worked for me on the PRS-650: but after a formatting of the internal memory I performed a hard reset and much to my surprise the original content was restored!

The only thing you have to be careful of is that any of your own books and other content that you have put on the Reader will be deleted during this process so make sure you have copies on your computer that you can transfer back to your Reader again after a hard reset.  Also, if you had authorised your Reader for DRM material (copyrighted eBooks), the hard reset will de-authorise the device, so you would need to do this again.  Just ensure that you use the same Adobe ID and password as before so that you can still read any of your purchased eBooks.

The instructions for a hard reset can be found here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/computing/faq/faqkb.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&d=&m=PRS-650&f=PA_PRS

I hope this works for you too - as I say I was a bit surprised that this was successful for me!  I'd be interested to hear if you get the same result! :slight_smile:

Colthas
Visitor

Thank you so much 🙂